Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is easiest to explain this strategy by showing how it came about in a recent game we played. The last paragraph has a summary of the strategy.

This Thanksgiving we were playing a 3-player game of Mysterium (2015). My mom, my husband (Chad), and myself. Chad was the ghost. Mom and I each controlled 3 psychics so we were using the 7-player rules minus clairvoyancy stuff. We were playing the Medium Difficulty level.

One round, Mom had the first vision for Red and it lead her to narrow down her guess for Red to be either the Kitchen or the Pantry due to references to food. But we were at a loss as to how to choose between them. Hoping that another vision later in the round would help us decide between them we waited.

After 5 visions, we were still undecided. I received the 6th vision for Blue and it had 4 cards. This is the very first time my husband has ever given a 4 card vision. It was hard to make more than one or two connect to a location. On card was strongly Kitchen but I didn't understand why he didn't just give that one card if Kitchen was the answer.

We managed to stretch all 4 clues to the Kitchen kinda. But he could of given us just the one strong Kitchen clue card. I decided that what this vision was saying was "It's not the Kitchen." In fact I thought it meant that neither Red nor Blue was the Kitchen. I thought that Chad probably didn't have a good vision for the correct answer for Blue and wanted to make sure that we picked Pantry for Red.

At this point there were 3 cards without intuition tokens. The Pantry, the Kitchen, and a 3rd card. We had 2 intuition tokens left to place (Red and Blue). I wanted to put Red on Pantry and Blue on the 3rd card but my mom thought that I was overthinking it and that while the convoluted thinking might be something that I would do as a ghost that it was not Chad's style. But she did agree that it meant that Red was Pantry.

So we went with Pantry for Red and Kitchen for Blue. Pantry was correct. Kitchen was wrong. After the game I asked Chad about it and he said I was correct, that the vision meant "Neither Red nor Blue is the Kitchen."

So the Anti-Vision strategy is to give on psychic a vision for the wrong answer as a way to discourage another psychic from picking that card. Load the anti-vision with unnecessary extra cards that still connect in some way to the wrong answer. This helps the psychic know that it is an anti-vision and allows the ghost to get cards out of his hand.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.