Popular Tags: [View All]
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Master cards state:

- If all of your knights are on the same level during scoring after the 3rd phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all of your knights are on different levels during scoring after the 3rd phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all of your knights are on neighboring spaces during scoring after the third phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all your knights are in a row during scoring after phase 3, you earn 50 bonus points. The knights need not be adjacent.

Question: Does this apply to only the knights you have in play or must you have ALL six of your knights on the board? I am implying as if I know the answer, but I am looking for confirmation. thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kimball Bent wrote:
Master cards state:

- If all of your knights are on the same level during scoring after the 3rd phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all of your knights are on different levels during scoring after the 3rd phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all of your knights are on neighboring spaces during scoring after the third phase, you earn 40 points.

- If all your knights are in a row during scoring after phase 3, you earn 50 bonus points. The knights need not be adjacent.

Question: Does this apply to only the knights you have in play or must you have ALL six of your knights on the board? I am implying as if I know the answer, but I am looking for confirmation. thx

AFAIK, it's only for all the knights that are in play. Seems to be an level tradeoff to be able to get these bonuses easier, but you miss scoring opportunities with fewer knights in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno about that. Seems it would make it pretty easy to achieve the goals on the Master Cards. 40 or 50 points pretty much makes the game most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kimball Bent wrote:
Dunno about that. Seems it would make it pretty easy to achieve the goals on the Master Cards. 40 or 50 points pretty much makes the game most of the time.
I don't have my copy with me, but I presume it doesn't state any min. # of knights? I don't think so for the RGG edition. Nor for Schimdt FX either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A couple of extra opinions: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/584094#584094

We've also always read them as "all those in play".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO there is no definitive answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning B
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
The Penguin Always Knocks Twice - Walter Moers
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game around but I remember a card where your knights have to form a square.
How is the wording on that card? Maybe you can deduce from the wording on that card some informations as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.