History of the Roman Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: domination rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buzz Pounds
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
15.3 Domination: Control of three or four Provinces in a Diocese, or more Provinces that any other player has in that Diocese earns the player player double the basic Dioceses Victory Points.

Am I to read that if I have one and no other player has any, I get double points?

Also, for Control, do you have to track the previous owner of forts? I can imagine a barbarian attack that kills the legion but leaves the fort. Is it owned by the previous owner, or is it fair game for a subsequent player to count it (even if they did not take it over?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what your second question is but as to the first, I read it that if you are the only one in a Diocese then you must control three or four provinces in order to control it but, if there are more players established in the Diocese, then you must have more than any of the others do individually (plurality).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Morast
United States
flag msg tools
I agree with Richard Young, you don't get double points unless you have 3-4 provinces, and you cannot share barbarian and Roman control to get 3 or 4.

Concerning forts. You are going to need colored markers anyway to mark your barbarian units (risk pieces work great ) so just drop one of those on a fort you control without a legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
Every Diocese has five provinces, so if you have three or more provinces you have Domination regardless of who controls the other provinces. The scoring is:

Presence (1 or 2 provinces) = 1 x Diocese value
Domination (3 or 4 provinces) = 2 x Diocese value
Control (5 provinces) = 3 x Diocese value.

As one of the earlier posters said, you can't combine Romans and barbarians, but you can combine different groups of barbarians to calculate your level of scoring in a Diocese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.