Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the very last turn of the game, someone finally depleted a stack of tickets. We did intermediate scoring and then did end game scoring. I assume this is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game ends when two out of three things happen. One of these three things is empying TWO of the ticket piles. If in the same round two piles get exhausted, it's ok (as long as another condition is fulfilled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For us a stack of tickets never got depleted until the very last turn. The other two end game conditions caused the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, I had no intermediate scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shrey
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
The game ends when two out of three things happen. One of these three things is empying TWO of the ticket piles. If in the same round two piles get exhausted, it's ok (as long as another condition is fulfilled).

The end game trigger related to tickets is not the emptying of only two piles. It is the emptying of all tickets.

The v0.95 rules state:
Quote:
The sequence of play continues until at least two of the following conditions are met:
• The box office is empty of tickets.
• Two or more Artists have become Celebrities.
• The bag is empty of Visitors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:

This is incorrect.

The three conditions are:
*having taken ALL tickets
*having two celebrities
*having emptied the bag of visitors.

As soon as two of these three conditions are met, the eind of the game is triggered. The current round is finished and every player gets one more turn (in which there are NO kicked-out actions).

But to answer the OP question: yes, it is possible (and actually not an anomaly at all) to have an intermediate scoring quite close to the end of the game being triggered. You'll see that once people get to know the game better, they will be focusing on whether or not to trigger the intermediate scoring or even the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, nobody has addressed OP's question. The rules are slightly ambiguous.
Quote:
At the end of the turn in which the last ticket of
one color is taken from the box office, each Player
earns Influence and money.

But also
Quote:
This happens immediately before the next Player starts
their next turn.

For the second part, there is no "next turn" so it is not clear. I think you played correctly by scoring the Intermediate and then the Final. I think the above rule was trying to clarify something (maybe that Intermediate occurs before Kicked-Out action?)

Anyway, Vital will have the final answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ashmore
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say last turn, had you already met 2 of the 3 end game conditions and were taking the final turns? If so, then if you had finally depleted a stack of tickets, then I would say you were correct, or at least I agree with your interpretation.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bashmore53 wrote:
When you say last turn, had you already met 2 of the 3 end game conditions and were taking the final turns? If so, then if you had finally depleted a stack of tickets, then I would say you were correct, or at least I agree with your interpretation.

Brian

Yes. It was literally on the last game turn that the pink stack of tickets depleted. This was the round where no kick out actions could occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

Be careful, remember that the intermediate scoring happens only once in the hole game. So, it's triggered when the first color of tickets is xhausted. Not each time for each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chango wrote:

Be careful, remember that the intermediate scoring happens only once in the hole game. So, it's triggered when the first color of tickets is xhausted. Not each time for each color.

It felt like a strange game, but no other color was exhausted. The pink tickets were the first to exhaust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of tickets spend are dependent from 3 variables:
- The players choice of getting the bonus with tickets more like often.
For instance, if the red artists all start with promotion level 3, you never promote the level 3, which gives you tickets.

- the type of work of art that come up;
If you have a lot of works of art showing up with only one ticket on them, its very possible, that you don't end up with tickets.

- and the way visitors shows up in the board;
If the visitors shows up in even colors instead of many of one color, players tend to tqke different color tickets. If visitors appear almost in one color during a the begining of the game, players will pick up more tickets of that color depleting the stack much quicker. I had games where the stacks of one color is depleted in no time at all, and others like your match.

One thing I can tell you, mixing all this variables gives the game high replayability and many diferent matches. I hope you enjoy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Vital, it is an acceptable situation to have no intermediate scoring in a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
So Vital, it is an acceptable situation to have no intermediate scoring in a game?

Of course. If its criteria are not met, you cannot have an intermediate scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:

It is, but it depends also on players. A player with many visitors inside his Gallery should try harder to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
The number of tickets spend are dependent from 3 variables:
- The players choice of getting the bonus with tickets more like often.
For instance, if the red artists all start with promotion level 3, you never promote the level 3, which gives you tickets.

- the type of work of art that come up;
If you have a lot of works of art showing up with only one ticket on them, its very possible, that you don't end up with tickets.

- and the way visitors shows up in the board;
If the visitors shows up in even colors instead of many of one color, players tend to tqke different color tickets. If visitors appear almost in one color during a the begining of the game, players will pick up more tickets of that color depleting the stack much quicker. I had games where the stacks of one color is depleted in no time at all, and others like your match.

One thing I can tell you, mixing all this variables gives the game high replayability and many diferent matches. I hope you enjoy that.

Did we play the sequence correctly though? From the original post, do we complete Intermidiate Scoring and then immediately do Endgame Scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the intermediate scoring happend on the last round of the game, during the last player turn; Then yes. You did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
...otherwise, of course, the rest of the players would have to take their final turn in between Intermediate and Endgame Scoring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.