Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rulebook:

Upkeep phase:
"If a player’s Indicator on the Stress track is not in the central blue section, that player gains or loses Hourglass
markers according to the space he is located in."

End of round phase:
"Players take back their Hourglass markers"

Does this mean that, if my stress marker is on a +1 hour glass space I get an additional hour glass marker every turn? So I will have 7 on turn 2, 8 on turn 3 and so on (assuming I stay on that +1 hourglass marker spot)?
Or are you supposed to reset to six markers every turn and get an additional (7th) one each turn in this case?

I suppose it's the latter, but RAW tell the first option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the latter. You start each turn from that point onwards with 7 hourglasses (as long as you stay on that space on the track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Thijssen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Serial gamer
badge
Stedje van lol en plezeer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a big step forward to clarifying the rules on this.
TX to you both for raising and answering the question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Is it the same with the overtime action? The 2 new hourglass won, is it only for the current turn or can we keep them for the following turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
SwatSh wrote:
Hello,

Is it the same with the overtime action? The 2 new hourglass won, is it only for the current turn or can we keep them for the following turns?

Nope, overtime hourglasses are just for that round.

Just like real life, it's meant to be a quick-fix for when you really need some time, but it's not a permanent one. If you want permanent, live a healthier life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thank you Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
Just to be sure, still 2 more questions:
1) Do the hourglasses on the project stay on the project between 2 rounds?
2) Your stress raise only when you put your hourglass on an action space and there is already one of your hourglasses on the same action space right? It doesn't raise if there is only other player's hourglasses on the same action space?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Francois.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1. No, you spend hourglasses on a project - you put the tokens on the card (or on the 'spent time' - whichever you want), and then after a round you take them back. You can improve levels on a project as much as you like without taking stress (starting more than 1 will cause stress though).

2. It only rises if you've got a token already there. Other players don't block you, you block yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you very much Adrian. It's clear for me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McCabe
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
It's the latter. You start each turn from that point onwards with 7 hourglasses (as long as you stay on that space on the track).

I'm glad I found this answer. I played my first game tonight, and it seemed like the rulebook was specifically written to allow you to build up markers as described in the first scenario (get +1 to 7 on one round, then another +1 to 8 on the next, so on and so forth). While the game is absolutely incredible, I feel like the "reset to 6 markers" needs to be clear in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.