Flip City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Recycling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maria Panagou
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As it is nowhere clarified in the rules, can I recycle a card in the discard pile only once or can I do it in every turn?
I think that I can do it only once, since rules say that the card is turned over (does that mean, you rotate it 90 degrees in order that you know you have used the recycling ability and cannot repeat it?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is you flip it back to the original side. That's what makes the apartment blocks so good, you flip it back to a residential area and place it in another players discard pile, so they then have an extra residential area to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hence the name of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Panagou
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well maybe you didn't understand my question. Apartments don't have a recycle ability. I was talking about the recycle ability of cards, like for example Station's ability to recycle and earn one point. Once Station is in the discard pile can you get the extra point from recycling every turn or just once? I understand that when you recycle a card you don't flip it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snowdrop73 wrote:
Well maybe you didn't understand my question. Apartments don't have a recycle ability. I was talking about the recycle ability of cards, like for example Station's ability to recycle and earn one point. Once Station is in the discard pile can you get the extra point from recycling every turn or just once? I understand that when you recycle a card you don't flip it.

You are correct, Apartments do not Recycle - they Flip again.

When you recycle a card, you do flip it back to its original side. Therefore you can only Recycle a card once per time you Flip it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thanks for this question. I've been wondering the same thing. Also thanks to those that posted their answers. This helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they should've written "flipped" in the rulebook instead of "turned".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.