Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

SPQR (Deluxe Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battle of Elasa set-up (Hammer of God, C3i #3) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I will get a response or not but never know here on BGG. Has anyone played the Battle of Elasa scenario from C3i #3 (Hammer of God)? I cannot figure out the set-up for this scenario. It is even unclear as to what units to actually use, but I am guessing that as it states "To fight this battle take Judah and his brothers plus Mis 1-4..." to mean the Maccabaen MI 1-4 units.

It then goes on to say "...and pit them against the Seleucid army from Beth Zur on the Cynoscephalae map." Okay, so I look at the Beth Zur scenario and find the Seleucid units. No problem so far. However, in the Battle of Elasa notes it does not say anything about initial set-up and in the Simple GBoH Battle Manual for this scenario it states should deploy both armies as indicated in the article. So I figure this might mean to deploy as stated in the Beth Zur scenario since it is using the same units. But that scenario uses the Metaurus map (from Consul of Rome) and the map hex numbers stated to enter and leave would not correspond or make sense on the Cynoscephalae map. So, I am guessing that this set-up information was omitted in the scenario. Does anyone know the correct set-up or good guesses?

Thanks,
Tim
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
Not sure if I will get a response or not but never know here on BGG. Has anyone played the Battle of Elasa scenario from C3i #3 (Hammer of God)? I cannot figure out the set-up for this scenario. It is even unclear as to what units to actually use, but I am guessing that as it states "To fight this battle take Judah and his brothers plus Mis 1-4..." to mean the Maccabaen MI 1-4 units.

It then goes on to say "...and pit them against the Seleucid army from Beth Zur on the Cynoscephalae map." Okay, so I look at the Beth Zur scenario and find the Seleucid units. No problem so far. However, in the Battle of Elasa notes it does not say anything about initial set-up and in the Simple GBoH Battle Manual for this scenario it states should deploy both armies as indicated in the article. So I figure this might mean to deploy as stated in the Beth Zur scenario since it is using the same units. But that scenario uses the Metaurus map (from Consul of Rome) and the map hex numbers stated to enter and leave would not correspond or make sense on the Cynoscephalae map. So, I am guessing that this set-up information was omitted in the scenario. Does anyone know the correct set-up or good guesses?

Thanks,
Tim


Hammer of God is an expansion module. Do you have the required games. Cynosephelae is a map from SPQR, MI 1_4 are the SPQR units with that designation, etc.

Please advise.

Mark
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Yes, I have SPQR (for the Cynoscephalae map) and the War Elephant module needed for the necessary counters (Seleucid and Maccabees). I also have the Battle Manual to play it in SGBoH. However, in the C3i article the set-up was unclear to me as was the actual objective or necessary rout points for each side. In the Battle Manual it states to use the set-up as described in the original scenario. However, in the original scenario it does not give much information except to use the Seleucid units from the Beth Zur scenario (also described in C3i). However, this scenario uses the Metaurus map from Consul of Rome (which I also have) but the objectives would not fit with the Cynoscephalae map mentioned for the Battle of Elasa.

Thanks for your help in clearing this up for me. Maybe I am missing something obvious but have read the scenario many times and can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Tim
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
Hi Mark,

Yes, I have SPQR (for the Cynoscephalae map) and the War Elephant module needed for the necessary counters (Seleucid and Maccabees). I also have the Battle Manual to play it in SGBoH. However, in the C3i article the set-up was unclear to me as was the actual objective or necessary rout points for each side. In the Battle Manual it states to use the set-up as described in the original scenario. However, in the original scenario it does not give much information except to use the Seleucid units from the Beth Zur scenario (also described in C3i). However, this scenario uses the Metaurus map from Consul of Rome (which I also have) but the objectives would not fit with the Cynoscephalae map mentioned for the Battle of Elasa.

Thanks for your help in clearing this up for me. Maybe I am missing something obvious but have read the scenario many times and can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Tim


I will not be near my copy for a few weeks, so unless you can scan the set up I can't answer until then. Stay tuned.

Mark
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark. I have a pdf of the modules that I had downloaded from the C3i site. I don't know how to scan this in to this post, so I can wait until you get a chance to look at it. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tim

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
Thanks Mark. I have a pdf of the modules that I had downloaded from the C3i site. I don't know how to scan this in to this post, so I can wait until you get a chance to look at it. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tim



If there now available I can get them there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Phytoman wrote:
Thanks Mark. I have a pdf of the modules that I had downloaded from the C3i site. I don't know how to scan this in to this post, so I can wait until you get a chance to look at it. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tim



If there now available I can get them there.


Hi Mark, any chance that you've had time to look at the set-up for this scenario?

Thanks,
Tim
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.