Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firefight 1.

Mission Order says: AI in open closest to a unit= move towards cover.

It appears that the two times I got this AI order the only AI able to do it was the Half-track.
In the vehicle rules we found that they will not enter hexes that negates their bonus moves unless it is a low risk move.

What is the half-track supposed to do in this case?

NOTE: I used rule 42 and the half-track entered a wooden building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds to me that it wouldn't go onto the building hex ... not being, as you mention, a low risk move, and it being a vehicle.
I'd take it as not being able to perform the order, and move down to the next order on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
It sounds to me that it wouldn't go onto the building hex ... not being, as you mention, a low risk move, and it being a vehicle.
I'd take it as not being able to perform the order, and move down to the next order on the card.

I think you're right. I played it the same way as OP though and it makes this scenario very tricky I think. The German is defending so a defensively driven half track makes sense and is tough to destroy.

I think interpretation is successful with this scenario, but I think yours is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip James
msg tools
I've always played it as "the Mission Order overrides normal movement guidelines" in this case. It makes sense defensively for the AI.

Generally speaking, I usually prefer the 'best move' over a 'letter of the rules' interpretation anyway and I think this works with the 'spirit' of the AI's strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.