Subject: Why Travel at All? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
In the online rules it states "May Travel" to a new location. So this is a choice it seems.

So if travelling is going to spawn more enemies what is to keep you from "turtling" and just setting there?

I assume it has something to do with the quest goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, the villain is only defeatable in the final location. So yeah, it has to do with quest goals. There's also a limited number of search items in each location (at least, that was the case in the prototype I played).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide C
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The goal of the first quest is exploring a specified number of locations, for example. I guess other scenarios are the same and require exploration in order to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
That makes sense. It is also thematic and reminds me a lot of the board game where there was always a "final tile".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Garza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yes also some locations encourage or practically force you to as they all have different effects. If you haven't played it I think you will see right away why it works as soon as you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peril advances each turn, if it gets to the end - you're screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:
Peril advances each turn, if it gets to the end - you're screwed.

Pretty much this. Many of the quests are basically on timers. Not necessarily instant loss if you get to the end but those final peril effects will repeat every turn and tend to be nasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReaveraMori wrote:
In the online rules it states "May Travel" to a new location. So this is a choice it seems.

So if travelling is going to spawn more enemies what is to keep you from "turtling" and just setting there?

I assume it has something to do with the quest goals?

Go ahead and turtle, see what happens.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.