• [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaand a big Thumbs Up for you!

Now we need to make up new unreasonable demands to pester FFG with. Well, as soon as we have finished reading those rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Great!

I thought you guys wanted to release litte information bits until right before the release.
Thanks for changing that plan!

And now, excuse me, gotta read some rules... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still going to be releasing more and more information every week, be it designer articles, Operation: Early Bird reports, bonus scenarios, but we figured you'd waited long enough.

Plus, we have to keep you on your toes... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume correct that chances for a German release are very slim?

According to http://www.hds-fantasy.de/ (under products > boardgames) the status for the German version is 'not yet planned' (which is at least better than 'not planned').

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackpot!!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I wish I could just forget Memoir 44 ever happened. These are army men worth playing with. Love the lore cards too; drawing from categories like that should be really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual, an exceptionally well laid out and organzied rulebook from FFG. Looking forward to digesting this monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
As usual, an exceptionally well laid out and organzied rulebook from FFG. Looking forward to digesting this monster.

Seriously? I was of the impression that you didn't think much of their rule sets generally...

- I am downloading now and hopefully will get a chance to digest this one tonight!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick wrote:
Seriously? I was of the impression that you didn't think much of their rule sets generally...

They always do a good job on the physical/visual aspects. I'll reserve comments on the content until after I read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! It's not a square rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules printed and I am going to start digesting them tonight!!! I am super excited about this one!!!! The video overview was a GREAT way to intoduce the game. I am SURE it will help make more sense of the rules!!!
Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caught something wrong in the video, now that I know the rules.
They are talking about assaults, in the video, as a way to clear a space. They move an American squad off a pillbox, then move on a German unit, with a machine gun! Now I can see that heavy weapon squads are not allowed to assault.
Looks good and I'm glad for that as I already pre-paid.
ScottH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
ScottH wrote:
Caught something wrong in the video, now that I know the rules.

Yeah, there are several technical items that the film guys got wrong in the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing them now. I already know I'm getting the game, but it whets the appetite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Woohoo!!!

It looks great. The rules seem very clear, beautiful (as always from FFG), and most of all: fun!

Unlike many other wargames that have cards, I can move any non-pinned, non-disrupted unit that I want in most cases... this is critical for my own enjoyment of a game.

Having routed units be deleted from the battle is an interesting idea: I don't love it, but understand that routing rules can indeed be areas of constant rules issues, so I see why this approach was chosen and it should be ok.

I also really like that the game is objective oriented rather than "kill X units to win". Attrition always struck me as the worst possible victory condition in a wargame as that was almost never the goal of a battle.

In any case, I'm getting this game!!

Now, please do a fantasy version of this game and blow Battlelore out of the water!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
diamondspider wrote:
Woohoo!!!

It looks great. The rules seem very clear, beautiful (as always from FFG), and most of all: fun!

Unlike many other wargames that have cards, I can move any non-pinned, non-disrupted unit that I want in most cases... this is critical for my own enjoyment of a game.

In any case, I'm getting this game!!

Now, please do a fantasy version of this game and blow Battlelore out of the water!!

Yes, this game looks amazing. I have been a fan of Memoir '44 and Battlelore, but they have not kept my attention as long as I would have hoped. I also like the activation of all non-disrupted units every round.

Please, Please, Please, make a fantasy game with rules similar to this game. I would sell battlelore right away!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You're all such fickle lovers ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
You're all such fickle lovers ...

I'll say! I'd love to see a system like this applied to a fantasy game (and a science fiction game), too, but it wouldn't make me not want to play Battlelore!

How nice we have all these choices and diversities in games. For a game lover like me, these are the best of times!

Each game has its delights! The more the merrier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrgh! Damn you all! This is horrible, just horrible. A plot to take all of my money, I tell you. A scheme to land me in the poor house, this is! devil

I am drooling looking over this rule book and my resistance is crumbling by the minute. I am excited and depressed all at the same time. This looks like the most awesome WW2 tactical game ever, with the deadly combination of out-of-this-world physical components and, judging by the rulebook, outstanding play. The depressing part is the line on the last page, regarding "...additional TOI releases..."! I know if I take the plunge here, my wallet will be bleeding for a long time, because this seems like the type of game that will demand that I buy every expansion that comes out. No doubt there will eventually be Russians, and British, and Japanese, and who know what else. More tanks, assault guns, tank destroyers, you name it. Gurrrr! Well, it will still likely be a hell of a lot less expensive than any miniatures system (e.g. Warhammer 40K anyone???), and likely provide better game play to boot. Maybe if I can knock off a bank or two...hummm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, this is a lot more detailed than I thought it would be. Looks fantastic. I was wondering how they would do 3 and 4 players. So there are different colored bases (light or dark green/grey), and the scenarios split you up into two different divisions. I heartily applaud FFG for coming out with a way to do this game with 3 and 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Arrgh! Damn you all! This is horrible, just horrible. A plot to take all of my money, I tell you. A scheme to land me in the poor house, this is! devil

War is hell! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorque wrote:
Love the lore cards too; drawing from categories like that should be really cool.

Lore cards?

Don't cross the streams!! sauron

cP
FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Christian, not that it really matters as long as players designate one die to do one thing and one to do another, but the dice colors have been transposed in the artillery rules and examples in the rules dealing with drift and direction and so on. The example says one thing, the rules say the opposite. It's those printing gremlins at work again, the bane of all good copyeditors everywhere!

Besides that, the rules are clear, very well written, and describe a game that should easily become the classic "for the ages" you want it to be.

I'm getting a second mortgage on my house to pay for the expansions I know will be coming! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.