Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake How do you "Like" your 'Apple' instead? W10 Apps-Remover sans 'asking' first yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
shake How do you "Like" your 'Apple' instead? W10 Apps-Remover sans 'asking' first yuk

I am unfamiliar with numbers succeeding 7. Do they really exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
'retrogressively worsened'? ONLY 'MacroSHAT' "pi"-onerously-neared anything of which NONE desired occurring, and yet, these SHALL 'ongoing'! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand technology, and even less now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
To give this some better understood 'perspective' analogy, then, what if you took your vehicle into their 'dealership' for some routine maintenance AFTER you'd installed some much overall better performing 'stereo' and accompanied components, while they THEN removed and replaced those with whatever they 'foist' upon YOU from theirs for that? Did you 'request' "such" at all? Do you HAVE any choice in the matter, or as per their usual S.O.P., why, you won't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Linux Mint is looking better and better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twixter wrote:

So how's Photoshop run on that?

Oh... right. That's what I thought.

Ah, well, I suppose not everyone does graphics design. But we're all gamers, here! I'm sure Fallout 4 runs like a champ...

shake

(There is more to OS choice than 'sticking it to the man'...I tend to like my computers to, ya know, actually do stuff, too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been refusing the W10 upgrade for...however long it's been. Yesterday, GWX decided to nag me about five times, so I killed the process. I haven't uninstalled the nagger, but that's next if Microsoft makes a habit of over-nagging.

I have several problems with W10.

First is that the process to keep my information private is ridiculous. It's dozens of settings over multiple pages of setup. Part of that process is creating a M$ account, thereby accepting their TOS, to tell them not to collect info they shouldn't be collecting without permission. And I'm not sure I trust M$ to honor the settings. They have tried to update W7 and W8 with spyware--and if you didn't know that, the spyware is installed on your computer.

The second is the forced automatic upgrades. M$ regularly screws up an upgrade. Most recently, I think, a W10 upgrade turned off some of the privacy settings, so everyone who got upgraded has to set their privacy settings again, and who knows what information M$ stole while the settings were changed? Once I had to spend an hour or two on the phone with Indian M$ tech support to fix the damage a Windows Upgrade did. I just don't install patching on patch Tuesday--more like, I'll install the patches from the month before on Monday.

That aside, sometimes I just don't want the download to happen. I may be low on battery, I may be downloading something big I actually want, or for a number of other reasons, I may just want to minimize Internet traffic sometimes.

"We're all gamers." No doubt you'll be pleased when W10 kills your AMD graphics drivers without asking. Steam's move to Linux is looking more and more attractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
twixter wrote:

So how's Photoshop run on that?

Oh... right. That's what I thought.

Ah, well, I suppose not everyone does graphics design. But we're all gamers, here! I'm sure Fallout 4 runs like a champ...

:shake:

(There is more to OS choice than 'sticking it to the man'...I tend to like my computers to, ya know, actually do stuff, too)

I welcome private discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this thread may actually qualify as either Politics or Religion (and maybe even Sex for some) given how strongly people feel about (and have faith in/love) their chosen OS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mileser wrote:
I think this thread may actually qualify as either Politics or Religion (and maybe even Sex for some) given how strongly people feel about (and have faith in/love) their chosen OS.
shake NONE of us presently--until you just did--have 'desired' their "unwelcomed" 'sexual infusion' through their OWN 'machinations/manipulations', yet, these INCORRECTUMED "thus" without any manner or 'reached-out-around' with inquiring upon "such" beforehand!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.