Subject: Vassal module update survey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
Greetings IRII fans,

I am readying the IRII Vassal module for its next update and would like to know if there are any specific modifications anyone would like to see in the upcoming 1.4 version.

Some of the changes already implemented for the new version are:
-Turn counter to track Year, Month, Phase
-Year, Month, Phase markers automatically track correct phases on their
associated tracks
-B.C./A.D. Year tracker - Displays Exact year per scenario setup.
Increments automatically with turn counter
-Power forms calculate totals automatically
Improved mouseover information

If you think of anything to add, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Rob
clanmacrae9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
Crickets! Chirp chirp chirp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Burrell
Canada
flag msg tools
As discussed yesterday, the current Vassal module does not seem to work well with OSX 10.11 (El Capitan). Very few (i.e., almost none)of the text entries work in the Power and Mobilization forms. My suspicion is a problem with JRE 8.0 used in OSX 10.11. The Power form is very different on the Mac when compared to the PC Power form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
Doug,

I understand what you are talking about. I have not updated to El Capitan on my Mac computers yet. The controls seem to work fine on my Mac, indicating that this is not an Imperium Romanum II module issue, per se, but a Java/Apple issue. You probably realized that already, but there is not anything I can do within the module to make it more Mac friendly. In theory the PC versions and Mac versions on any Vassal module should be identical. During the creation of the module there are no settings that allow me to alter their function beyond their limited characteristics.
I believe this is probably a temporary situation that exists between the two systems that will eventually get cleared up by the Vassal team. I will try to see if they can duplicate it.

In that sense, I do not think that version 1.4 will behave any differently although it will be impossible to tell until it is completed.

Rob
clanmacrae9@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some years later, but I'm setting up Scenario 4 and notice that the odd numbered columns are not numbered correctly.

For example, Pisae is number 3320 on the VASSAL map, but it is 3319 on the printed map

makes setup a bit tricky, but otherwise has no consequence. However, if it could be fixed that would be excellent.
Map comes from Cyberboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a simple fix if you don't mind editing the module yourself. First make a back up of the module just in case. Then open the module in editing mode and a little ways down the file structure you'll see Main Map [Map Window]. Click the little widget that opens the file structure further to reveal Main Map [Board]. Continue opening the file structure to reveal [Multi-zoned Grid] > West Map [Zone] > [Hex Grid] to finally reveal [Grid Numbering].

Double Click on [Grid Numbering] and in the lower part of the screen that now appears, just above the hex grid showing at the bottom, there is a little checkbox labelled 'Odd-numbered rows numbered higher?' Uncheck that box. Then save and you're done. Here's a screenshot of what you're doing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, worked a charm. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how have players dealt with the countermix limits rule (7.6) in the VASSAL module? The module pieces don't enforce the limit (using a generic piece), and there is no label to number them.

I'm considering drawing the entire countermix to the Mobilisation box and placing units from there, but there is some loss of convenience in cloning pieces etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also noticed the Red Horse Archer counter (6)-16 seems to be missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.