Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered from my FLGS, so I didn't get them. As such, I was not so much of a fan. Anything that discourages me from supporting local businesses, especially FLGS, is a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially, all I know is this:

Brenzor wrote:
There is definitely NOT an alternate box for SWV2.

I didn't ask about promos. Guess I should have.

However, right now you get a Zombie Venom promo with all Legendary orders at the Upper Deck Store, so if you wait and order it on the 9th, you could get that.

http://upperdeckstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=legendary&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:

Brenzor wrote:

However, right now you get a Zombie Venom promo with all Legendary orders at the Upper Deck Store, so if you wait and order it on the 9th, you could get that.

My game is innacessable to me at the moment. Does anyone know f Zombie Venom is an alternate art card or a new one?

In other words, the promo is a villian from the deadlands group, with 5 power, that says you cannot fight him unless you have a character with the fight symbol. Is that the same as another card already in the deadlands villian group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Matt Boehland wrote:
runnestrand wrote:

Brenzor wrote:

My game is innacessable to me at the moment. Does anyone know f Zombie Venom is an alternate art card or a new one?

In other words, the promo is a villian from the deadlands group, with 5 power, that says you cannot fight him unless you have a character with the fight symbol. Is that the same as another card already in the deadlands villian group?

Alternative art and available in Base, villains, pttr and dark city (not sure about the other expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is the same card from the Deadlands villain group. Only that now it is a sketch, not a colored card. . And the fact that you get a promo card of him when buying the base game or other expansions with no connection to Secret Wars seems odd. Unless you plan on buying at some point Secret Wars or on selling it on ebay i do not quite understand what you would do with only a card from a villain group. That being said, it is nice of UD to offer such promos, but the content of these promo cards seems odd, at least to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo. Short for promotional. That is, something that encourages you to buy something. Seems like they got that just right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:

Brenzor wrote:

I believe that is still the plan, if there are still Zombie Venoms left. "While supplies last" and all that other legal jazz, obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.