Subject: a simple King boost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the variant : every season the King is not chose put a "+2" marker bonus on it.

what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's unnecessary. In my experience, if players don't place dice on the king, it's usually because they don't roll high enough, not by choice. I would agree, though, that the queen is stronger than the king and it feels wrong. But I would nerf the queen before making the king stronger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed unnecessary. People rolling huge already have an advantage, no need to extend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
I think it's unnecessary. In my experience, if players don't place dice on the king, it's usually because they don't roll high enough, not by choice. I would agree, though, that the queen is stronger than the king and it feels wrong. But I would nerf the queen before making the king stronger.

You can always play with the "originally playtested" Queen, that gives you 4 Victory Points and nothing else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
You can always play with the "originally playtested" Queen, that gives you 4 Victory Points and nothing else

I like the variety of benefits. I have thought of just reducing the number of VPs to 2, but I don't really like to use house rules. I'm just curious: was it intentional to make the queen better than the king? Or do you disagree that she is stronger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.