Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two points that I don't understand from the semi-official FAQ:

1) "A4.3: Yes, every player becomes known to the authorities if either [the War or the Revolution track] gets to the 2 VP mark."

I understand Loyalists being revealed if the War track hits 2 VP, or Restorationists being revealed if the Revolution track gets to 2 VP, but why is "every player revealed" if either track gets to 2 VPs?

2) FAQ Q8.4 question deals with a Loyalist having seen or correctly deduced the identities of some other players, and using an Assassinating an Enemy Agent Loyalist VP to end the game by going over the Game End space on the VP track.

However, I thought that Loyalist agents only received VPs for assassinated enemy agents at the end of the game, and that they could not use these points as a trigger to end the game. Please explain.

Thanks! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Potential VPs from the tracks apply to everyone because otherwise that would give away secret identities.

2. A player may reveal their identity as an action if doing so would cause the game to end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only loyalists are revealed when the war track reaches 2pts, then by default, anyone who doesn't reveal must be a restorationist. So in effect all players are revealed regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
There are two points that I don't understand from the semi-official FAQ:

1) "A4.3: Yes, every player becomes known to the authorities if either [the War or the Revolution track] gets to the 2 VP mark."

I understand Loyalists being revealed if the War track hits 2 VP, or Restorationists being revealed if the Revolution track gets to 2 VP, but why is "every player revealed" if either track gets to 2 VPs?

The problem here is one of terminology. Players do not become "revealed" they become "known to the authorities" which are two very different things. When a player becomes revealed it means they show their secret identity card, but if they are known to the authorities it simply means their agents can now be targeted by other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
If only loyalists are revealed when the war track reaches 2pts, then by default, anyone who doesn't reveal must be a restorationist. So in effect all players are revealed regardless.

NOW I get it. Restorationist players aren't Known to the Authorities because they have VP's, they are KttA because if they weren't, all "loyalties" would be revealed. Got it.

So if I was a Loyalist and I wanted to hunt Restorationist agents, I'd simply give either side 2 VPs and then go to town, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. The point of the "known to the authorities" rule is to create a space at the start of the game where people can build up their networks without a large amount of player vs. player attack going on. By the time either track gets up far enough to give everyone 2 VP's, the opening should be over and you should be into the middlegame. (And if by that point you have not recruited some agents, that's your own poor play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
Yep. The point of the "known to the authorities" rule is to create a space at the start of the game where people can build up their networks without a large amount of player vs. player attack going on. By the time either track gets up far enough to give everyone 2 VP's, the opening should be over and you should be into the middlegame. (And if by that point you have not recruited some agents, that's your own poor play.)

Getting to the 2VP spot on the Track can be achieved in the first 4-5 turns though, it's only four steps IIRC, so getting a 2-move card twice in the the first couple of reshuffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Getting to the 2VP spot on the Track can be achieved in the first 4-5 turns though, it's only four steps IIRC, so getting a 2-move card twice in the the first couple of reshuffles.

I think that's long enough. I always saw the point of "Known to the Authorities" as keeping the game from ending on just the 1st or 2nd turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.