United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to temporarily affix 'paste-up' to boards or player aids using something like 'Post-It Note' glue? I really hate the idea of permanently sticking anything to a board (or even a card). I don't *think* that repositionable spray-mount stuff is what I want (but of course it may be) as I'm concerned it would either a) become semi-permanent if I forgot to remove the 'past-up from the board or b) do some irrevocable damage after re-applications

I was also wondering if there was any 'sheet-based' solution - like that sticky-but-not-tacky stuff you put on a car dashboard tray to stop things sliding around.

I can't even think of the right terminology to do a google search!

Thanks for any tips

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blu-Tack won't work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC (but it's way too many years gone by since I used blu-tack) it did leave a 'greasy' mark on things like e.g. my parents' wallpaper. That memory (if true) means it has to be over 40 years ago though! Has blu-tack been around that long?

It's a possibility (and a good idea too), for sure but I worry about the marking of the (glossy) surface of e.g. a game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, maybe it's a fall-back. i'd hope there's something better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas MacLaney
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try an office supply or stationery store. You should be able to find glue sticks with that kind of adhesive.

To be safe, I would wipe down the cards, etc. after play just to be sure no residue is left.

Added: Here's a link for "Glue Dots" (U.S. supplier, though):

http://www.michaels.com/removable-glue-dots-roll/10415452.ht...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried to use a post-it note. I mean adhere your sticker or what ever to a post-it note and then place the post-it note on the game board.

If this is for a legacy game, I am not sure it will work, as you modify that board and cards all the time, and it would just be too much work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's primarily for a copy of Boże Igrzysko which has a LOT of information in Polish on the board. In was looking for something to temporarily hold some 'overlays' in place (which might be on 120gsm silk stock or heavier card. I'm not fussed about the overlays, I don't want to damage the board though.

It'd also come in handy for Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune and although less necessary for Navegador too.

Of course, a hefty plexiglass overlay would keep everything in place - but I hate cutting plexiglass, the edges always melt ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomNTom wrote:
Added: Here's a link for "Glue Dots" (U.S. supplier, though):

I'm sure we have glue dots over here, I'll search for the removable ones and give them a try-out! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible British supplier:

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/craft-essentials/glues-and-adhes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
Possible British supplier:http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/craft-essentials/glues-and-adhesives
Exactly them thanks!
http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/dot-n-go-removable-glue-dots-dis...
and unsurprisingly the same price in £ as they are in $
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Lidl near you and some patience, then their own-brand ("United Office") stationery line has a dispenser very similar to that dot-n-go one that dispenses double-sided tape. It has exactly the property you're asking for - sticks like a post-it note, right down to things I stuck on the wall with it falling off randomly while I'm working at my desk three weeks later.

IIRC it was either 1 or 2 pounds for the dispenser and a spare reel, so much cheaper than the Hobbycraft alternative (although this is a common pattern with Hobbycraft). But like everything interesting in Lidl, stock is on rotation and you'll have to wait for it to come around again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.