Subject: Light Bulb Factory and Factory Improvements bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reference sheet says:

"One time: You may immediately perform 2 Factory Improvements free of charge".

May a player improve 1 factory twice, or must they perform 2 different improvements on 2 different factories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xithi wrote:

May a player improve 1 factory twice, or must they perform 2 different improvements on 2 different factories?

Nothing implies that you cannot improve 1 factory twice. Feel free to do so.

I suppose it is a real question as to whether you can apply the improvements to the factory you just bought or if you have to apply them to pre-existing factories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Xithi wrote:

Nothing implies that you cannot improve 1 factory twice. Feel free to do so.

I suppose it is a real question as to whether you can apply the improvements to the factory you just bought or if you have to apply them to pre-existing factories.

I wanted to ask this question as well. If I build the factory that gives 2 Factory Improvements immediately (free of charge), may I use one or both of these improvements on this factory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
I wanted to ask this question as well. If I build the factory that gives 2 Factory Improvements immediately (free of charge), may I use one or both of these improvements on this factory?

I dropped Paulo an email and got an answer from him within minutes: YES, you can use the improvements on the factory which provides them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
Official answer on this one:

General rule: When a player gets machineries he must apply them immediately if possible. In this particular case, both machineries awarded by the light bulb factory must be applied immediately. They can be applied in a previously acquired factory, in this new factory OR in a combination of both, depending on the player's best wishes. Main rule is: if you have the space where to apply a machinery you MUST apply it.

Hope this helps.

Paulo

Thanks
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
for bringing this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Oury
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
designer
This seems more powerful than the factory producing one more good. Is it on purpose or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that too, however on reflection, maybe the possibility of producing 4 goods at once could be used in an advanced strategy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcbgg wrote:
I thought that too, however on reflection, maybe the possibility of producing 4 goods at once could be used in an advanced strategy?

This. It is the only way to fulfill the four-goods-of-one-type contract after only one production cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.