Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sacked heroes and Unexpected Courage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tigrezno
msg tools
Can I ready them while sacked by using UC???

I know you can ready a Hero while Caught in the Web, that is similar to a Sack card (can't be readied).

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends which Sack we're talking about (there's a couple of different quests that have a sacking mechanic), but if you mean Conflict at the Carrock.. then yes, it looks like you can ready your hero. You likely won't be able to do anything with him/her once they're readied, but the "Sacked!" card doesn't prohibit readying.

However, if you're talking about The Hobbit: OHaUH quest with sacking, then no. Those sacks specifically say you can't ready the attached character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tigrezno
msg tools
grex22 wrote:
It depends which Sack we're talking about (there's a couple of different quests that have a sacking mechanic), but if you mean Conflict at the Carrock.. then yes, it looks like you can ready your hero. You likely won't be able to do anything with him/her once they're readied, but the "Sacked!" card doesn't prohibit readying.

However, if you're talking about The Hobbit: OHaUH quest with sacking, then no. Those sacks specifically say you can't ready the attached character.

Sorry, I was talking about the Hobbit sacks.

mmm so the worst case is Bilbo being sacked while he is exhausted because he won't be able to remove any sacks from that moment, even with Unexpected Courage, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigrezno wrote:
Sorry, I was talking about the Hobbit sacks.

mmm so the worst case is Bilbo being sacked while he is exhausted because he won't be able to remove any sacks from that moment, even with Unexpected Courage, isn't it?

Correct. My daughter and I ran into this exact situation in our last game. We escaped the trolls, but could not claim the treasure because we allowed Bilbo to get sacked while he was exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.