Russian Rails» Forums » Rules

Subject: Errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. G.

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Mayfair only supports Catan games, I am hoping we can compile any Errata with this game here. For example:

Tea to Tashkent appears on 2 cards, one for $41 and one for $32. Considering tea to Alma-Ata pays $41, I think it is probably safe to assume that both should be treated as $32 (although it maybe more likely that $41 should have a different destination entirely.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite interesting. Tashkent also has two deliveries for Uranium with different values, though not quite to the same extent -- 16 and 17. The cards in question are numbers 63 and 128.

As an aside, I've never had any trouble with Mayfair responding to my questions about any of the Empire Builder series of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lunar rails has a similar problem. All loads of "Toxic Waste" go to Carnot, but they all have different values. I was told that it was intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Lunar rails has a similar problem. All loads of "Toxic Waste" go to Carnot, but they all have different values. I was told that it was intentional.

At least they are consistent in their answers That's what they told me when I asked about it, though I didn't catch that all of them go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
Quote:

At least they are consistent in their answers That's what they told me when I asked about it, though I didn't catch that all of them go there.

Actually if you consider each place on the LunarRails map that produces "Toxic Waste" and pretend that it's the only place that produces it, then each "Toxic Waste" has the correct value corresponding to each one of the sources.

BTW, there is a standard formula for computing load values in Empire Builder games. Let C = the cheapest cost to build to the closest source of the good and D = the shortest distance ignoring terrain. The value for a load is then v = ((3*C+D)/4)*0.80 rounded up. Note that on some maps values were tweaked upward to make certain locations more attractive, E.g. in BritRails loads to the Welsh Coast and Cornwall have been adjusted upward, but the Scandinavian loads EuroRails have not been so adjusted (which explains why you don't want to build there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.