Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Has Anyone Figured Out the Insert Yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Stemberger
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While setting up for our first game at BGG, I was very impressed with the insert in the EGG box. I was imagining the wonderful amount of storage and places for everything to go - not having to use a dozen bags just for the card decks - it was going to be glorious.

But, when it came time to put the game away, I discovered that I had no idea where everything should go. Every logical placement of the card decks I could think of didn't fit.

Am I missing something? Has anyone figured out how to use the insert in a way that efficiently stores all of the components?

~Len
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LStemberger wrote:
While setting up for our first game at BGG, I was very impressed with the insert in the EGG box. I was imagining the wonderful amount of storage and places for everything to go - not having to use a dozen bags just for the card decks - it was going to be glorious.

But, when it came time to put the game away, I discovered that I had no idea where everything should go. Every logical placement of the card decks I could think of didn't fit.

Am I missing something? Has anyone figured out how to use the insert in a way that efficiently stores all of the components?

~Len


The Handbook describes how to pack the game away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
The explanation in the handbook didn't work out for me. The decks are too squeezed in the suggested configuration.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
The explanation in the handbook didn't work out for me. The decks are too squeezed in the suggested configuration.


Sleeved? Unsleeved it worked for me, no problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Stemberger
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
jsciv wrote:
The explanation in the handbook didn't work out for me. The decks are too squeezed in the suggested configuration.


Sleeved? Unsleeved it worked for me, no problem.


Unsleeved. The military decks fit fine in the areas specified, but the civilization decks (I, II, and III) were all too big to fit without forcing them and bending the cards.

~Len
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember to separate out the cards for 3+ and 4+ players. Then it should fit fine
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LStemberger wrote:
Am I missing something? Has anyone figured out how to use the insert in a way that efficiently stores all of the components?


I found that the insert did a great job at taking up a lot of space in my recycling trash bag. I think the TtA insert is a good effort, but it still does a terrible job at keeping the components organized if you store the box any way but on its back. So for me, bags are again a much better method of packing away the game. I think this makes the score around 180-2 in the battle of plastic bags vs. inserts for the games I own.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Remember to separate out the cards for 3+ and 4+ players. Then it should fit fine


+1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone post a photo of how this works?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Would someone post a photo of how this works?
it's shown in the tutorial book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.