Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

With Philip, Jim, and Leon departing, it was time for Ward to teach Jack one of his favorite new games, Magna Grecia. Jack predictably floundered about, not knowing the tricks of the trade in a game that does have a fair-sized learning curve. Meanwhile I didn't have that excuse but by the midpoint of the game had seen my position so thoroughly snookered that I proposed a concession to Ward. We counted up the points showing, so Jack would see how that worked, and Ward with his control of almost every oracle (control I wasn't going to be able to challenge) had like a 43-23-18 lead and proof that the concession was well deserved. I'm still on the fence about whether I want to pick this one up. It's a solid strategy game design, but the decisions take so long to make that I'm not quite sure it's worth it. I'll play it at least another couple of times, anyway, and maybe I'll start improving my speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.