CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the new draft in the hand method iffy with new players, especially if they're not really used to the gaming world.

Is there any reason why I can't stick with the old "lay six cards out on the ground" method? It should still work, even with the new rules, maps, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread contains the post from the designer suggesting using 8 cards and those costs if you want to play using the original draft from the table style: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1323871/ton-lost-lands-...

I've tried it for the last two or three games now and have been enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks peeps. I tried the 8 on the board variant and it worked like a dream. I think for the right group the new way might work but not for less experienced gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.