Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I played it today the first time. It gets very loud. So first we introduced some noise cancelling rubber mats for the dice. But the people keep yelling around, so you hardly can hear the gongs/doors.

The gong/door are not good enough, I think I have to resample the soundtrack that the gong and door are louder.

So my first impression is not a good one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a speaker to get a louder sound than my phone is capable of.

Also, try track 4 (available online), which has only the critical sounds ("ESCAPE!", Gong, Door slam, Temple crash) without the thematic background that may be driving your group to speak louder to be heard above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the hint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this version:

https://youtu.be/gRXJT4lHEq4

I know it seems silly, but my group was having the same problem and this worked like a charm for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use rubber mats to not only cut down the noise, but reduced the dreaded "dice off the table".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carrion wrote:
We use rubber mats to not only cut down the noise, but reduced the dreaded "dice off the table".

Someone losing track of a die and diving under the table is one of the best parts of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it's really helpful to play the gongs and door crashes for everyone before you play. It really helps if everyone has heard the sounds they're supposed to be listening for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can highly recommend this app.

Android timer app for Escape You lose the other 'thematic' ambient noise, but it's good for clarity if you need it.

Description from file

Android app to use instead of the soundtrack CD. Uses soundtrack 3 (silence between gongs), and provides optional settings for a visible countdown timer, randomly spaced gongs, and total game length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Fox
msg tools
mbmb
kingmob75 wrote:
Try this version:

https://youtu.be/gRXJT4lHEq4

I know it seems silly, but my group was having the same problem and this worked like a charm for us!

You didn't explain why this version was so awesome! I was listening to it in the background while surfing the web because I wanted to know why this version was so good. I eventually hear the gong... and then...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Yakkity Sax! Bennie Hill to the rescue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think this is far and above the best version for combining both the appropriate sounds with clear visual cues that are noticeable from anywhere on the table.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AHn7Otg5NrQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nate_lockhart wrote:
I still think this is far and above the best version for combining both the appropriate sounds with clear visual cues that are noticeable from anywhere on the table.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AHn7Otg5NrQ

Hey, that's cool! Adding this to my Escape repertoire. Still love Yakkity Sax though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.