Nippon Rails» Forums » Rules

Subject: Any errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. G.

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge there is only one edition of this game (tube). I have not been able to find any information regarding errata, but posting this as a place holder in case anyone knows of any misprinted cards, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen any errata. If there were problems, they likely would have been noted in the Train Game Association's rulings. In their absence, I think this is the perfect game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To my knowledge there is only one edition of this game (tube). I have not been able to find any information regarding errata.

I don't know of any errata, but there are at least two editions of the game. The first did not use load cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, the first edition used a numbered chart. You rolled dice to determine which 'cards' you held. It was a cumbersome substitution for the deck of cards, but otherwise worked exactly like cards. The second edition simply converted the chart to card format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The second edition simply converted the chart to card format.

For some reason, I thought that there were more cards included in the second edition than were represented by the die-rolling chart. Since I've not actually seen the first edition, I can't say whether this is true or not. Are there the same number of "cards" in both editions? Were some of the chart spots used to represent events or were those additions to the later edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend had the first edition, but I haven't seen it in about ten years, so I can't say with authority. That said, I'm pretty sure the deck was the same as the chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A friend had the first edition, but I haven't seen it in about ten years, so I can't say with authority. That said, I'm pretty sure the deck was the same as the chart.

I was reminded of this today when I was emailing Mayfair about a couple of Russian Rails cards, so I pulled out my newer edition of Nippon Rails. My copy has 103 demand cards and 12 Event cards. Perhaps all of the original cards are included, but it seems that there must be a few additional cards included in the newer edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I played this on Sunday and found nothing wrong with the game, with the exception of a misprint in the rules. It says that you must connect all SIX major cities. The rules were either borrowed from Eurorails or Empire Builder, because there are only 4 major cities on the map.

That's the only mistake we saw in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.