Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Ko
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we came across a conundrum. During a full burn, one player moved to Miranda and then drew the nav card that moves the Operative's corvette into a sector adjacent to his ship. According to the rules, the Corvette can never end its move in the Reaver Starting Zones, which means it could not be placed adjacent to Miranda.

We decided just to place the Corvette outside of the Reaver start zone since that's as close as it could get. Anyone know of an official ruling regarding this (admittedly uncommon) situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not covered by the rules specifically and no one has raised this before. However, you would move the Corvette to one of the surrounding Sectors (because the Corvette can move into any Sector on the map) and then apply the other rule that says the Corvette can't end its move in a Reaver Starting Sector and move it out.

Now the tricky part here (which is really the question that needs an official answer) is can you move the Corvette into Miranda?

I would say no, because the reason for the Corvette moving in the first place should not be overridden by the fact that the rules don't deal with what happens in this particular situation.

Therefore the Corvette would ens up being two Sectors away in Rim Space waiting for the player to come out (or go in to Miranda if the right Nav Card comes up and allows the Corvette to move 2 Sectors)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Ko
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was pretty much what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was overlooking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on the other hand, Miranda is not a Reaver Starting Zone (it's just surrounded by them), so given the Corvette's 1 or 2 move, it is possible that it could move onto Miranda, making it a dangerous area if the Operative is floating somewhere nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Gould
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
on the other hand, Miranda is not a Reaver Starting Zone (it's just surrounded by them), so given the Corvette's 1 or 2 move, it is possible that it could move onto Miranda, making it a dangerous area if the Operative is floating somewhere nearby.

We played the other day and decided that the Operative wouldn't move into Miranda (because of the Reaver Zone), but I think we'll have to revisit it in light of the reminder that it doesn't actually trap him there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.