Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this seems clear from the rules:

Tiles that bring extra dice into play as active dice after a roll may not be used to add dice to those rolled to begin a turn.

However, I find the wording here slightly confusing. Would another way to word this be, "Dice brought into play as active dice cannot be locked until after the second roll"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
Smile :)
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the original wording is clear and understandable. You can add active dice after any roll, but not at the beginning of the turn (by definition, there will have been no rolls made yet then).

It's your version that's more than a little confusing. How would you even keep track of which dice have been rolled more than once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I guess was more confused than I thought.

Is this OK?
1) Roll all start of turn dice on the first roll
2) Bring in a die using a "+1" tile and lock just that die.
3) Reroll the rest of the dice.

My confusion was I was reading the rule as "You can't add the die you bring in to the locked dice on the first turn." I was wrongly reading "rolled" as "already rolled".

Now I see that is not at all what the rule was saying. Good, the right way makes more sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:

Is this OK?

My confusion was I was reading the rule as "You can't add the die you bring in to the locked dice on the first turn." I was wrongly reading "rolled" as "already rolled".

Now I see that is not at all what the rule was saying. Good, the right way makes more sense!

You keep quoting how you misinterpreted the rule, but that isn't the rule. Yes you can bring in the die after the roll, lock it and roll all the other dice since you only need to lock one die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying you have to lock the die you bring in as a #? Because you don't and subsequently have to roll it if not one you locked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind! I've got it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:

Is this OK?

This is still not right.
1) At the start of your turn you roll all dice with the curved arrow icon and do not roll any dice with a "+" next to their icon.
2) After your first roll you can do one of three things with +1 dice (and you can decide differently with each + die that you have):
---(i) Lock them at their starting face value.
---(ii) Roll them on your next re-roll with all your other active dice.
---(iii) Leave them alone and do nothing with them. (i.e. Leave them inactive.)
3) Once you have locked at least one die, you can re-roll all your dice, including any + dice you decided to make active but did not lock.
4) With each subsequent re-roll you go back to step #2 for any + dice you have not locked or made active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.