Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a recent youtube video for an Axis A Allies game where the reviewer made mention of plastic factory pieces from some version of Risk out there. He found they worked very well side-by-side with the traditional factory pieces used in games of A&A only now they can represent the two different types of factories now available in Global games of A&A 1940, minor and major.

My problem is that I am very unfamiliar with all the various multitudes of Risk that have come out over the years. Does anyone know which version of Risk might come with lots of factory pieces?

Thank you for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

This version ("revised") has these city tokens.

It might be the one you're hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I've been trying to determine what iteration for 'Monopoly' these items were from, in order to obtain even more of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

This version ("revised") has these city tokens.

It might be the one you're hunting.

I think those may be them, Pete! Thank you!!

And thank you for looking too, Grog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You're welcome, while the "White Houses" accompanying those "Silver Hotels" appeared as some manner of 'smaller factory'-sort too! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two other ideas, non-Risk.

Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century Game also had factory pieces. I only know as I was hunting down the spaceship bits, which I was actually able to find from multiple sources for cheap, so there may be some of the factories out there too.

The city bits from the 1980s edition of Fortress America can also make good factories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
I've been trying to determine what iteration for 'Monopoly' these items were from, in order to obtain even more of that!

Grognads, I think you stumbled on set pieces from Fritz Lang's Metropolis, not Monopoly pieces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
Two other ideas, non-Risk.

Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century Game also had factory pieces. I only know as I was hunting down the spaceship bits, which I was actually able to find from multiple sources for cheap, so there may be some of the factories out there too.

The city bits from the 1980s edition of Fortress America can also make good factories.

One more for the pile, Dust has factory pieces as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.