Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Engler
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
@cengler42 on Instagram
badge
Don't get caught watching the paint dry.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are clear that LoS is required to engage in combat with a ghost and that the range of LoS is three squares.

The rules are also clear that you can break LoS during a move action to re-position your ghostbuster and you will maintain your stream as long as you have LoS at the end of the action.

On page 15 it says "If your LoS has been broken by a Ghost, Gate, or Terrain lines, remove all if your Proton Streams from the target."

Not to rules-lawyer but the quoted sentence above does not expressly state that if LoS is broken by what I'll call "unobstructed distance" beyond three square that Proton Streams would be removed. Are they removed if a target moves more than 3 squares away? For example...

Suppose it's your turn and you are firing on a ghost that requires two streams to trap. For your first action you fire and succeed so that the ghost has 1 stream counter on it. For your second action you fire and miss and the ghost's "miss" effect causes it to move more than three squares away from you. Does the first stream counter automatically go away once the ghost is more than three squares away?

Similarly, if something causes you to lose LoS to a ghost on which you have a Proton Stream when it is not your turn are the Proton Streams automatically removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
LoS is 3 squares, so if a ghost moves beyond that, it is breaking your LoS.

Yes, if you are obstructed etc out of turn, you immediately lose your streams.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Engler
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
@cengler42 on Instagram
badge
Don't get caught watching the paint dry.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick clarification; much appreciated. I played a few games on my own tonight to learn the rules and am bringing it to my FLGS tomorrow to play with some friends. Glad to know I'll be playing it right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.