Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what you guys are seeing length wise - I'm hoping the game is shortened up a bit with just 2?

Also, This looks somewhat heavy (gameplay wise), and I'm ok with that, but how heavy is it? does it dip into wargame-esque territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only heavy in that there's a bit of information to consider on a players turn. That and managing the hidden movement, but that's been used in board games before hasn't it? IMHO this is a "wargame" for board gamers in a good way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
Only heavy in that there's a bit of information to consider on a players turn. That and managing the hidden movement, but that's been used in board games before hasn't it? IMHO this is a "wargame" for board gamers in a good way.

Fantastic. I can't wait to get this to the table. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John: Read this thread too, if you haven't already:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1481746/player-count-how-do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For a wargame I'd say it's not that heavy. There is a bit of book keeping and but due to the low piece count it's not that big of a deal.

I think anyone who likes strategy board games should be able to pick this up pretty easily.

That said, I did unintentionally handicap my opponent in my first game by misinterpreting the size of the soviet destroyer salvos. Instead of using both black & white cubes they were divided between ships, giving him only 3 cubes per salvo instead of 6. It was still a close, tense game though since I was a pretty lousy sub commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.