Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are a few social quest that ask as their first option to be on someone else's hex to complete the quest, but the 'or' clause are vague and seems to imply you don't need to be on anybody's hex to resolve it. Is that so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so. The second option on the event cards completely ignores the first, so you don't have to track down another hero just to test your stat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, thanks for this. Yes, it felt rubbish to chase someone just to test stat but since the cards start with a "rumor:keep this card", it's confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to add to this question: say I am on a hex with an unclaimed suest (i.e. I lack the action points to start it this round), could another player scoop in and claim that quest even though I am already on the hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if he has 2 actions to spent. There's no limit of heroes that can ocupied a hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
couteaupapillon wrote:
Ah, thanks for this. Yes, it felt rubbish to chase someone just to test stat but since the cards start with a "rumor:keep this card", it's confusing.

If you look at the card, the general adventure type is "Event" (immediately below the header). Then you have two different option, and each option can have a keyword introducing the paragraph.

Let's look at Will of the Master, for example (one of Vorakesh purple story cards). The first paragraph starts with "Rumor: Keep this card". The second paragraph starts with "Test Mind". The two paragraph are clearly divided by graphics and the "OR" keyword.

The Learn to play (pag. 8) reads:

Event cards are primarily found in the [social] deck and provide
you with a choice between two options.

So, the "Rumor" keyword belongs only to the first option and the "Test" keyword only to the second. You first perform the choice (either the first part or the second), and then you resolve it.

Hope it's better now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is, thanks Julia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
I want to add to this question: say I am on a hex with an unclaimed suest (i.e. I lack the action points to start it this round), could another player scoop in and claim that quest even though I am already on the hex?

No, each adventure quest is unique to the hero who found the quest. There is no way to steal an adventure quest.

For story cards you could be scooped by another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Nofunatalll wrote:

No, each adventure quest is unique to the hero who found the quest. There is no way to steal an adventure quest.

The question is referring to a situation where a hero enters a hex, but doesn't have enough actions to start the adventure in that hex. Another hero can, on their turn, enter the hex and start the adventure themselves. Since this would flip the adventure token over, making it unavailable to any player until the next refresh, this would effectively steal the adventure from the first hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
hooliganj wrote:
youperguy wrote:
Nofunatalll wrote:

The question is referring to a situation where a hero enters a hex, but doesn't have enough actions to start the adventure in that hex. Another hero can, on their turn, enter the hex and start the adventure themselves. Since this would flip the adventure token over, making it unavailable to any player until the next refresh, this would effectively steal the adventure from the first hero.

Confusion is the question said quest, not adventure. Quest refers to a specific type of card while adventure would mean drawing a card when adventuring at a gem site. Depending how you read it, they could be referring to attempting a quest at a quest location rather than adventuring at a gem site.

So I think both answers are correct in some sense, they just read the question differently.

It's been misunderstood before that any player can attempt a quest another played drew, which is incorrect. You can only attempt quests which you have in your own play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.