Popular Tags: [View All]
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy German versions of games in the US? Not sure I want to pay the shipping from overseas. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had very good luck with Mercury Games (gamegrl2 is her user name here on BGG). You can find what she has to offer through the BGG MarketPlace and she is willing to try and get games that she does not have in stock for interested gamers.

Oh, also, welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can often get them via online stores like Funagain, Boards and Bits, Boulder Games and Game Surplus. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
You can often get them via online stores like Funagain, Boards and Bits, Boulder Games and Game Surplus. Good luck!

Nice list, but I'm surprised you left out LeValet. For those who don't know, LeValet is a Canandian retailer with flat-rate shipping to the U.S. They have a good selection of imported German games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, I will check them all out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little more background on some of the recommendations....

If you don't see what you're looking for at those online stores, email and ask if they can get the particular title(s). Gamesurplus.com (whose regular shipping typically gets in stock stuff to me (in DC) the day after I order it) has been really good about getting titles I've requested (most recently Willy Waschbar and Tal der Abenteur). Bouldergames.com imports things I'm interested in but that weren't already on my radar (which makes them a fun site to browse) -- ditto levalet.com (which is far and away the best source for French games). Make sure to ask levalet for a fidelity card. Funagain.com is also good for more obscure German stuff (but it's pricier and therefore tends to be my last resort).

Thoughthammer and boardsandbits, because they are in the West represent delayed gratification for me compared to gamesurplus.com (and a single pre-order can hold up a shipment for months), but they're great for large orders because of their very reasonable flat rate-shipping. And timewellspent.org often has European kids games I can't find in stock elsewhere.

Finally, in case you haven't already found it http://www.michaelareed.com/boardgamesearch is a search engine where you can enter a game title and then click on (almost) all of these dealers to see who has it in stock and at what price.

Happy hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
mitnachtKAUBO-I wrote:
For those who don't know, LeValet is a Canandian retailer with flat-rate shipping to the U.S. They have a good selection of imported German games.

LeValet is great. If you are interested in Pitch Car, in my mind that's the only realistic place to get it. They are also the only place to pick up Asmode games reasonably. (Of course Deluxe Camping is still expensive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second the recomendation for Mercury Games. Gamegrl2 is a pleasure to deal with.

I'd also reccomend user Robbirob; he is in Germany, but he manages to get quite cheap shipping (he sent 7 games to Mexico for around 12 Euros; granted, they took around 6 weeks to get here, but it's still a good deal).

Good Luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.