Corey Hamachek
United States
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched a video and this game reminded me an awful lot of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. Im not saying that that is a bad thing as i really enjoy The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, but if im heavily invested into The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game do you guys think its worth it for me to get Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game also? Im at the point in the hobby were im trying to talk myself out of games that are to similar to one and other but i never got to play Warhammer Quest so im slightly intrigued by this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Front page: Will I want this if I already own LOTR LCG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hamachek
United States
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Donny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

That thread was created before the game came out, and most on-topic responses there are based on preview information and on players' experience with similar games.

Now that many players have tried the game, it seems perfectly reasonable to revisit the question in a new thread.

I am curious about this myself. I have WQ ordered already, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It looked interesting enough to get anyway, but I'd be interested in what others have to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mlodzkoski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dice, yes

WQ does a good job of roleplay feel single character leveling. But it is not an LCG (you don't build a deck), and it will release like Blood Bowl card game etc. Actually, BBtCG is also a good comparison point to WQ in speed of dice around the table and the pace of leveling (star players vs. advanced action; team upgrades vs. weapons etc).

It certainly shares and twists on some of LOTR and other card game mechanics. Shadow and staging, questing and exploring, attacking and defending, tapping and exhausting, Quest or fight?

Comparison equation...
WQ = {[dice] + [not LCG] + [warhammer] + [hero]}
LOTR = {[deck] + [LCG] + [JRR] + [unit]}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.