BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nehtali promo character and Kehrolyn in 2v1 Boss battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jakusotsu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two unrelated questions:

Nehtali's ability is to ante two stacks of Dark Deal cards, and states she loses 1 hp for anteing a 1 and 2 card stack and 2 hp for anteing a 2 and 3 card stack. This is sorta like Hepzibah's ability, except Nehtali is notably missing the part which prevents her from performing her UA when she is on her last life point.

I take this to mean that Nehtali can ante a 2/3 card stack with no penalty when she is at 1 hp?

My other question is related to Multiplayer mode. The rules for multiplayer Priority Clashes are as follows:

Quote:
If there are priority ties between members of
opposing teams, then the player whose teammate has
higher priority takes precedence. Only trigger a clash if
both members of both teams are tied.
If members of the same team are tied, they do not
clash. Instead, they may decide among themselves which
order they wish to act.
Players execute a$acks in priority order, starting with
the highest priority down to the lowest. A player who is
stunned at any point during the beat will miss his
opportunity to act later on.
If a player has no teammates, he wins priority ties
without clashing.

I was playing as Ex Kehrolyn alone against my 2 opponents.

Kehrolyn's Unique Base specifically states it loses priority ties. But does that supersede the rulebook stating I win priority ties without clashing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Nehtali can ante a 2/3 stack while at 1 life.

It's not the same as Hepzibah's ability, exactly. This is because you have great freedom as to how you stack your cards. I think you're thinking like this: "Why would my opponent let me have the 3 card stack?" This is why you think she spends 2 life for 2 bonuses.

However, you realize that your opponent can give you the 3 card stack. Think of the following scenario:

Your opponent's current play REQUIRES him to stun you or else he will lose a lot (think Hikaru using a Sweeping). Now, what if you stack it as:

Stack 1: Stun Immunity
Stack 2: Everything else.

Do you think he'll let you have the Stun Immune 100% of the time? No. Some people will give you the second Stack because Nehtali's styles are slow and Hikaru can be faster than that.

Simple, really.

As for the multiplayer question, I'm not 100% sure, but any effect that says you "can't" overrides any effect that says you "can." So, even if something says "you are stunned," if you have something that says "you can't be stunned," you won't be stunned.

So, my answer is that you don't win Prio ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second case falls squarely under card text contradicting rules text. In this case the general rule (EX characters win Priority Ties) is overridden by the base's text (This character automatically loses Priority Ties), so Kherolyn would lose the priority tie (though, note, that most Unique Bases also get a power boost in EX and Almighty mode, so the text on the card may be different than what's printed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakusotsu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. I reasoned it out in my head in a similar way; at 1 hp Nehtali's selections of Dark Deals aren't as powerful as Hepzibah's Dark Pacts anyway.

Great job on the Battleguides by the way, keep them coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakusotsu wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications. I reasoned it out in my head in a similar way; at 1 hp Nehtali's selections of Dark Deals aren't as powerful as Hepzibah's Dark Pacts anyway.

Great job on the Battleguides by the way, keep them coming!

Yeah. They're slightly weaker (though, not by that much).

And thanks! I'll try to keep them coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.