Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have few question:
1. Ishas mercy removes all wounds (not stamina wounds) and remove battle ability tokens.
Does it also remove friendly battle ability tokens that boosts your performance (like shield)?
2. Dwarven card that gives you guard 1 - if your opponent is acting on turn before you, you still have guard 1 - am i right? In other way this card would be useless?
3. Dark majesty card - what if disk in already pinned, dos it unpin now? If so this card is only good if i apply it early in turn...and that makes me predictible.
4. i pinned enemy disk with stamina with two of my disks - one my disks was swift, other wasnt. Therefore i managed to inflict 2 wounds on ememy because of different timing - my swift disk attack was resolved first and i managed to wound enemy disk, there was no counter, and then other wound by my other disk with simultanious counter from enemy that killed one of my two disks.

Was it ok to do that and inflict two wounds on same turn?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear with me, it is only 5am here but I will try to get you going on some of these.

2. I can't tell you the exactly rules quote but cards like this become active as soon as you reveal them. Even if your opponent acts first, they still suffer the consequences.

3. This card prevents a disk from being moved onto. You are right, it is mostly useful if the disk is still unpinned but preventing additional disks from pinning your champion may be what you need and there might be a use even in this situation.

Additionally, there is a lot of feinting and bluffing when choosing and revealing a Command Card. So, a clever player can use their own predictability in their favor. For example, your opponent knows you will be using Dark Majesty and uses a card to act before you. You play a different card with a different speed just to act before them and pin the disks they were hoping to use against you this segment.

4. It seems that you resolved it perfectly well. This thread might further help you: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1102334/tips-understand-rul...

I am sure other players will step in to help you here. Great questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
You understand everything correctly.

1: Isha's Mercy removes all battle ability counters both friendly and hostile.

2: Passive abilities become active as soon as you show the card.

3: Dark Majesty works as you describe it. And yes, using it as your first card every time does make you predictable. Note also, that this is an activated ability so it doesn't become active until your turn when you can put the counter out.

4: That is correct. If you had a slow unit also, you could in theory have inflicted 3 wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ronaldo and Velensk many thx for quick and accurate replys
Now i finally understand all rules,,,

If only we can get two more new expansions.......i am more then willing to learn more rules ninja
I want skavens and wood elves......but thats some other story....

EDIT: I forgot I had one more question;
If unit is on hill terrain and therefore gets defensive bonus (swift counter) and some enemy unit pinns that unit. Did this attacking unit also get defensive? so if it is attacked by some other disk (gets embattled) it also gets to counter before atacking enemy? I played like that but what confuses me is fact that this unit isnt directly touching hill, since it is placed on opponents disc that is on hill.

I hope I manged to describe situation zombie

Bye,
Mladen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Ronaldo and Velensk many thx for quick and accurate replys
Now i finally understand all rules,,,

If only we can get two more new expansions.......i am more then willing to learn more rules ninja
I want skavens and wood elves......but thats some other story....

Yes it is indeed... let's just hope...

Simicic wrote:
EDIT: I forgot I had one more question;
If unit is on hill terrain and therefore gets defensive bonus (swift counter) and some enemy unit pinns that unit. Did this attacking unit also get defensive? so if it is attacked by some other disk (gets embattled) it also gets to counter before atacking enemy? I played like that but what confuses me is fact that this unit isnt directly touching hill, since it is placed on opponents disc that is on hill.

I hope I manged to describe situation zombie

Bye,
Mladen

Generally speaking, a disk doesn't need to be in direct contact with a terrain element to benefit from that terrain's abilities, it only needs to overlap the terrain.
Note that this has nothing to do with pinning another disk that's overlapping the terrain: if disk A is overlapping a terrain, and disk B is pinning A but not overlapping the same terrain, disk B won't get any benefit from that terrain.

I think it's easier if I show it with a picture:

- The Kurgan Marauders (A) are overlapping the hill (dotted yellow line representing the border of the terrain), even if the Marienburg Swordsmen are in between, so they gain the benefit of the Defensive keyword.
- The Flamers(B) on the other hand, are pinning the Talabheim Greatswords but do not overlap the hill, so they don't get the Defensive benefit.

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dear Sniper troll,

many thanks for great explanation with picture, now everything is clear, this is exactly what i asked for....

In case some new expansions arrive, we will be expecting new blogs zombie

Br,
Mladen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.