3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aura and Mimic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armando Hernandez
msg tools
Well more or less a theoretical question (Road to legend, Descent 1):

What happens if a heroe plays aura at the overlord turn and then moves on his turn (I assume aura is still workin till the heroe activates again but maybe I am mistaken here) and opens a chest and the overlord plays mimic.

The description says that the chest ist MOVED to a free space which is necessarily in the aura range. This would mean the chest/beastman takes wounds (and at copper level also dies?).

Sorry it's a complex game and borderline questions seem to pop up Thanks again in advance for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand your example. To play Sparks of Pain you have to do it during the OL's turn. When you activate the hero, he loses Aura, so when you open a chest and play Mimic the BM won't get damaged.

A rare example would be if the hero ends his turn adjacent to a chest. Play SoP on the OL Turn. Then on the hero turn a different hero opens the chest. The hero with SoP still has Aura 4 active and the BM would die. You have to be careful though as the OL gets to choose where the BM gets moved to. I can see in some instances this would work, but not all the time.

I like your train of thought though and it is good to think of these things in a game as complex as this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Hernandez
msg tools
Ok thanks duhtch. One decisive part is that the aura will not stay active during the heroes own turn. The second decisiv part is that you would see the chest as beeing moved .

A variation might also be Thalia with the holy aura skill which could move and open chest during her guard interrupt. But that one will not kill the "chest" just damage it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.