Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now that I have a few games under my belt, I decided to do a session report. This is from one of my games last night. I decided to play a Republic Fleet and my Opponent was playing a Droid Fleet. I had 3 Republic Star Destoyers, a Republic Assault Ship, 2 Republic Cruisers and a bunch of fighters. My opponent had 2 Droid Control Ships, The Invisible Hand, a Banking Clan Frigate and a Bunch of Fighters.

In the first turn, I moved out my ships and put my fighters out. I targetted the Invisible Hand and destroyed it. He targetted my Republic Assault ship and made pretty short work of it.

On the second turn, our fighters got to go at it. It was a little lopsided as my fighters were getting lucky, but he had the infinite fighters. Our capital ships still duked it out and I managed to get his Banking Clan frigate and damaged one of his Droid Control Ships. He got one of my Star Destroyers. By this time I had all my fighters out.

Eventually we got down to where I won.

I like this game, but I think the initiative rolls are too big since one player moves his fleet and the other player gets to react to that. If I were going to tweak the game, I would change that. Range rules would help a bit too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of range rules postings out there. The one I use with 2 maps (set up long side-to-side) are:
Class 1 - Range 7
Class 2 - Range 5
Class 3 - Range 3
Class 4 - Range 1 (normal)

I've also seen it done on 1 map with a 4,3,2,1 range rules. It really works great and forces maneuvering. Initiative really becomes critical with range rules so if you play the dark side, it's nice to have an Imperial Interdictor Cruiser if you can get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikoyan wrote:

I like this game, but I think the initiative rolls are too big since one player moves his fleet and the other player gets to react to that. If I were going to tweak the game, I would change that. Range rules would help a bit too.

I'm not sure why the designers use this initiative system. IgoUgo has a lot of problems and there are interesting ways around it. Both DnD minis and SWminis by WOTC use a 2-model activation sytem. This creates a semi-concurrent turn. I move a couple pieces. You move a couple pieces. Repeat until the round ends. Init is still very important, but there is a great deal more decision making and player interaction when you have a semi-concurrent turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian ricci
Italy
milano
flag msg tools
What do you think to use A&A naval miniatures rules it have a range modifier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.