Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
during party relocation
Quote:
Immediately before relocating the Party Token, players may discard up to 4 Resolve from the Resolve Pool to reveal 1 adjacent Location for each 1 Resolve so discarded.

the revealed locations are still perilous, right? so the only use would be to know which locations are adjacent to maybe go around them?
the next part mentions "Any newly revealed Location (whether the result of party relocation or another effect) is initially Perilous" - but that's listed under entering locations, and if I reveal 4 locations I can only enter 1, so the other 3 wouldn't be "newly revealed".

somewhat confusing even if it's only semantics.

regarding embedded actions
Quote:
Some Actions specifically allow players to resolve other Actions of different cards. In such cases, a Regular Action or a Fast Action can be resolved before other Actions are completed.

if I play a card that with an action that allows me to use another action of a card (the regular action of a weapon card for example), do I only discard the card I played or both the card and weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yes, still perilous. This would be the newly revealed "as result of another effect" in your quote.

You follow the instructions on the weapon's action as part of resolving it embeddedly, so you'll usually discard or put on deck, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Yes, still perilous. This would be the newly revealed "as result of another effect" in your quote.

thought so. it sounds less confusing if the "newly revealed" is meant for flipping a location in general, not just not entering (if I enter 5 turns later it's hardly "new" ).

Weltenreiter wrote:

You follow the instructions on the weapon's action as part of resolving it embeddedly, so you'll usually discard or put on deck, yes.

yeah, that's how we played it. was just wondering if the played card basically "hijacks" the action of the other card or if it's just a chain and everything involved gets discarded etc.

another thing I forgot to ask in the first post: get conditions applied even if completely blocked or only after inflicting damage (coming from descent/IA where it's handled this way)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
No need to penetrate defense to apply a condition.

Edit: From the player side that is. Enemies that apply conditions often are dependent on doing damage for this to happen, this will be explicit and use some sort of "if cards are buried" wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.