4 Posts

War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions from first LOME game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Can the Balrog (or other lesser minions) be moved with a character die? Or can the balgrog just be moved with the balrog icon on his special die?

2. Gothmog was brought in to play after the Black Captain came in and died. Is this allowed? And if so, should his die be taken away after it comes up with the star on it?

Also, same question for Elrond/Galadrial if they are brought in to play after Gandalf the White has already been killed.

3. When a Shelob tile is drawn for the breaking of the fellowship card, what happens? The card does not clarify what happens if a shadow special tile is drawn. I assumed that a die is rolled and that is how many companions would have to be separated.

4. Can "We shall get it" and Mithril Coat and Sting be played on the same sequence? For example, the shadow player uses We shall get it to draw another tile, which the free player does not like. He then uses Mithril Coat and Sting to draw a third tile?

Alternately, if Mithril Coat and Sting is used first, can the Shadow player then use We Shall Get It to draw a third tile?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They can be moved with a Character die.

2. It is allowed, and his die is removed only if the Witch-king is currently in play. It is the same for Galadriel and Elrond.

3. You assume correctly.

4. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
savedbyhim01 wrote:
1. Can the Balrog (or other lesser minions) be moved with a character die? Or can the balgrog just be moved with the balrog icon on his special die?

2. Gothmog was brought in to play after the Black Captain came in and died. Is this allowed? And if so, should his die be taken away after it comes up with the star on it?

Also, same question for Elrond/Galadrial if they are brought in to play after Gandalf the White has already been killed.

3. When a Shelob tile is drawn for the breaking of the fellowship card, what happens? The card does not clarify what happens if a shadow special tile is drawn. I assumed that a die is rolled and that is how many companions would have to be separated.

4. Can "We shall get it" and Mithril Coat and Sting be played on the same sequence? For example, the shadow player uses We shall get it to draw another tile, which the free player does not like. He then uses Mithril Coat and Sting to draw a third tile?

Alternately, if Mithril Coat and Sting is used first, can the Shadow player then use We Shall Get It to draw a third tile?

Thanks!

Edit: Kevin beat me to it.

Just one other note on the Balrog in #1: it needs to be activated before it can be moved with a character die with the rest of the minions, either by the Balrog result on the die or the card "A Balrog is come".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yes, the Balrog was activated before moving. This is one of the few times I was right about each rule. Normally I save rules questions for after the game and try to take my best guess so things aren't slowed down too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.