Subject: Thumbs Up Vigilante rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I keep an eye out for threads or comments that have thumbs down for the sole purpose of giving them thumbs up

Just now I discovered I was subconsciously scanning the thumbs as well as the comments, and just thumbing comments that had negative thumbs without thinking about it.

Does this make me a bad person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
It is actually what is expected by the authority. So your doing the right thing. But I disagree that everyone has to go cancelling out the negatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Wah ha!! I'm going to start thumbing down my own posts, so that people like you will give me thumbs!

Man, I've gotta get a monocle and a white cat, so that I don't always have to be the one who points out what a criminal genius I am. First control the world's supply of thumbs... next the WOOOOOOORLD!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tragedy that some posts can only be thumbed down once per user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
It is actually what is expected by the authority. So your doing the right thing. But I disagree that everyone has to go cancelling out the negatives.

I don't do it when the post is rude or offensive. Really it's just like... if someone says something unpopular, or maybe even slightly dumb but without malice...

I mean why thumbs down something just because it's dumb? That's mean...

As to the thumbing DOWN posts just to thumb UP posts... isn't it cumulative? Thumbs total = Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently sitting on my thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
jamesdavis wrote:

I don't do it when the post is rude or offensive. Really it's just like... if someone says something unpopular, or maybe even slightly dumb but without malice...

As to the thumbing DOWN posts just to thumb UP posts... isn't it cumulative? Thumbs total = Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down?

You mean like this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/19220

OK, so the item *might* be better as a forum thread and was poorly phrased (due to being a non-English speaker). This is exactly what *isn't* supposed to be thumbed down, but when I found it, it was at -5.

Way to encourage contribution guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
INTERNET DRAMA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Godeke wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:
jamesdavis wrote:

You mean like this:

OK, so the item *might* be better as a forum thread and was poorly phrased (due to being a non-English speaker). This is exactly what *isn't* supposed to be thumbed down, but when I found it, it was at -5.

there are many of these examples all over boardgame geek. why you have -1 at the moment i have no idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
Godeke wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:
jamesdavis wrote:

You mean like this:

there are many of these examples all over boardgame geek. why you have -1 at the moment i have no idea!

Probably because the meta layer isn't in place to ensure that people don't abuse the feature. I'm sure it will arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
I'm holding out for the finger.

Hey, I proposed that the day the new moderation was added: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1269161#1269161
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.