Subject: Geek of the Week #530 - Agnieszka (aniaga) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! I have had a wonderful week with a lot of fun, interesting and some difficult questions!

Now it's the time to pass this honour to someone else!

I wanted a person that contributes to this inspiring site, that is friendly and someone I appreciate! I had a few in mind, but my first choice accepted, so it's time to let her introduce herself!

Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

aniaga wrote:

Thank you for the nomination, Monica! You're a wonderfully friendly geek and a very difficult opponent on yucata meeple

My name is Agnieszka and I live in Warsaw, the capital of Poland.

I think I've always been a gamer at heart, but I discovered different forms of gaming at different stages of my life. During my childhood, I had simple board games for children ("roll & move" type or Monopoly), which I usually played with my sister and neighbourhood friends. But we soon got bored with their simplicity and moved to card games, Scrabble, chess and computer games (first Commodore 64 and later PC). Cards were always a big hit in my family - my sister and I were taught by our grandpa and we often played with our parents and friends. We always brought cards on our school trips and holidays. Somehow board games became a thing of the past for me.

During studies I met my future husband who was an ex-Magic player, but at that time mostly a computer gamer. He introduced me to consoles, but I guess we were both searching for something more because when we heard that our friends play and want to show us modern board games we jumped very enthusiastically at the opportunity. That was year 2010 - during one evening Dorota and Bartek taught us Blokus, Carcassonne, Dominion, Fauna and Race for the Galaxy. We came back home hooked on, started researching and visiting shops, then got pointed towards BGG and... we were lost We started going to different board game meet-ups and small cons and met new people. Now we have quite a wide gaming group in the Agresor club and a couple of other friends who like to game with us now and then. I also managed to re-introduce my sister to board games and she has a small collection herself - it's a pity we don't live in the same city so we can't play with each other regularly.

I also started to buy and collect games that can be helpful with teaching English and I'm very happy about being able to bring games to classes and helping my students to learn the language in a fun way

Our board game collection has been growing constantly, but it's still nothing very impressive compared to many geeks on this site. In 2014, thanks to Serena, a wonderful BGG user, we were able to attend our first Essen and it was an amazing experience!

Poll: Poll
Which one of these is the lie?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I've never won a BGG contest although I take part in almost each one.
27.7% 39
I've never played Magic: The Gathering even though there are hundreds of Magic cards in our flat.
28.4% 40
I've never watched all Star Wars films and I'm not excited about the upcoming Episode VII.
44.0% 62
Voters 141
This poll is now closed.   141 answers
Poll created by pyr-shep
Closes: Mon Dec 7, 2015 6:00 am

To get you started I've some questions for you!
1 Do you have a favourite game? A game that you always want to play and you assume it will stay this way for years?
2 If you had to downsize your collection to just 5 games. What games would you keep? (And possibly why?)
3 Do you have a favourite Feld game?
4 Do you have a favourite game on Yucata?
5 If I were to travel to Poland. What is a must to see?
6 Do you have a game (or several) you enjoy to play, but you will only play with a certain amount of players? And if so, why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Agnieszka!
Have a great week!

My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard (or different one)? If so, who? If not, why?
And which game (if any) is he/she from?

And the unusual question: What has that little voice inside your head been telling you lately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Agnieszka. What a great choice!

What do you want for Christmas? laugh

Hope you have an awesome week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
Dragon horns
badge
The Dragon
mb
Yay! Congratulations Agnieszka! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Congratulations Aggie, absolutely deserved! And great choice, Monica!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Congrats, you wonderful you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Agnieszka, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Woooo!
Congratz, Aggie!

You knew this was coming... here's Da Ork's customary "Bucket o' Questions".

1. What's your favorite movie?
2. What's your favorite book / novel?
3. If you could spend 24 hours in the past, at a place and date of your choosing, where and when would you go?
4. If you had the funds to make the movie of your dreams, what would that movie be about and who would you cast?
5. Have you ever been on TV or in the papers?
6. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
7. Do you still have that toy?
8. Do you read comic books? And if you do: Which ones?
9. Why would I want to write a book about you?
10. Why would you want to write a book about me?
11. What's your favorite TV series?
12. What's your favorite cartoon series?
13. Which movie have you seen last? At home and in the cinema, please.
14. Are you planning to visit Bremen at some point in the future?

Bonus Question: Who is Best Pony?

What's the weirdest....

...game you've ever played?
...food you've eaten?
...drink you've encountered?
...place you've visited?
...piece of clothes you have?
...person you've met?
...thing you possess?
...song you've heard?
...dream you've had and still recall?
...book you've read?
...TV series / movie you've seen?
...alien creature from any media in your opinion and why?
...creature/animal you've ever seen while not being in a zoo?
...question anyone has ever asked you?

Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of congratulations for all the wonderful things happening in your life! Are there any wedding traditions in Poland that are different from here in the U.S.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Really hope you enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! Congrats, Agnieszka!

kiss kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyr-shep wrote:

To get you started I've some questions for you!
1 Do you have a favourite game? A game that you always want to play and you assume it will stay this way for years?
2 If you had to downsize your collection to just 5 games. What games would you keep? (And possibly why?)
3 Do you have a favourite Feld game?
4 Do you have a favourite game on Yucata?
5 If I were to travel to Poland. What is a must to see?
6 Do you have a game (or several) you enjoy to play, but you will only play with a certain amount of players? And if so, why?

Thank you again, Monica Tough questions

1 I've been seriously into this hobby for about 5 years now and there aren't so many games that I've owned for 4-5 years, so it's rather guessing on my part, but I expect that all games from my top 10 qualify for it. Star Trek: Fleet Captains remains my favourite game, maybe because I don't get to play it as often as I'd like

2 Only 5? cry OK, I can try, but I hope we're talking about games together with their expansions? devil
game nr 1: Star Trek: Fleet Captains with both expansions - why? Because no other game can offer me the experience similar to living through an adventure in the Star Trek universe.
game nr 2: Terra Mystica with expansion - because the amount of races offers lots of replayability and I love the brain burning in it.
game nr 3: Viticulture: Complete Collector's Edition - big box full of expansions and modules to explore, worker placement goodness in a wine-themed pack
game nr 4: Concordia with expansions - a game that is deep and at the same time simple and elegant in its mechanics.
game nr 5: Troyes with expansion - again, lots of replayability because of the different card combinations every game plus clever usage of dice.
All games I've chosen play very well with 2.

3 A favourite Feld game? That's easy - The Castles of Burgundy!

4 Glen More - it's a game I learned to play on yucata and later acquired a physical copy. I think it's perfect for playing online - when it's my turn, I analyze the situation on the market, choose the best tile for me at the moment and voila wait for your next turn.

5 If you ever come to Poland, you must come to Warsaw and visit me laugh Kraków is a beautiful city, but since you like hiking I'd definitely recommend you to visit Tatra mountains and Zakopane (but I must warn you that during holiday season it's very crowded).

6 I wouldn't play Colt Express with less than 4 people, because I think it would be less fun (in this game: more people = more chaos and unpredictability = more fun ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations.

1. Boxers or briefs?

2. What is your favorite moose color?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Agnieszka! You are one of the most friendly BGG users. Enjoy your week in the spotlight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! My question: what is the name of that cute cat in your picture?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
Have a great week!

My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard (or different one)? If so, who? If not, why?
And which game (if any) is he/she from?

And the unusual question: What has that little voice inside your head been telling you lately?

Thank you, Doug! Yay! I finally got the wizard question laugh

My favourite wizard is Alfred from the series of fantasy books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman The Death Gate Cycle. As to why, I'd have to give you spoilers so venture on your own risk:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
because he's the Serpent Mage and can change into a badass dragon, but at the same time in his human/Sartan form he's a clumsy older man

And the little voice inside my head has been lately complaining about my lack of enough free time for all the books I want to read and games I want to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mb
YAY!!! AGGIE!!!
Congratulations for being Geek of the Week!!!

So now you are all the geeks of the weeks (and Love-Spreader too!)
Is there a microbadge for that?
I looked but I didn´t find; anyway have the GG to buy it, just in case
(and if there is not such a badge, buy another)

And now please tell me 5 single things that you just cannot live without.

(not talking about people or cats or your whole game collection, you know..... just 5 single items)

Enjoy your week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
Congratulations Agnieszka. What a great choice!

What do you want for Christmas? laugh

Hope you have an awesome week!

Thank you Jakob! modest

What do I want for Christmas? GAMES! And MORE GAMES! laugh And something geeky And lots of sweets... mmm But what I want the most is to spend a lot of time with my husband
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghargh wrote:
Yay! Congratulations Agnieszka! kiss

Thank you Paweł! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Congratulations Aggie, absolutely deserved! And great choice, Monica!

Thank you Julia modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Congrats, you wonderful you!

Hey, it's my favourite Garfield-lover! laugh Thank you Lisa kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombadillo wrote:
Congratulations, Agnieszka, enjoy your week!

Thank you Nicola! I'll do my best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Aggie!

I hope you have a great week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.