Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Incan Gold by Eagle-Gryphon Games
Play More Games (game store)
Gaithersburg, MD
November 25, 2015

While running some demos at my local game store I did two games of Incan Gold. This is a great game to teach people because it's simple and fun, and very quick to play - and people almost always want to play again.

Game 1

Try as I might, I just can't seem to bring myself to duck out early from the temple; I always assume the others will bail quickly when there's a moderate amount of treasure, leaving me to my own devices eventually. And this usually works out well for me. In this game it did. People tended to jump out as soon as there was treasure to be had. And I got lucky on the card draws after I was by myself. I could have been even more greedy - in the fourth round there turned out to be many big piles of gems left unclaimed when I made what I thought was the sensible choice and left when there were four hazards out. Still I managed to squeak out a victory.

Game 2

This game was kind of an outlier. We got pairs of hazards in the first three cards in three out of the five rounds! Thus the player who was quickest to leave (and was lucky to leave alone most of the time) was the winner. Perhaps the others were trying to replicate my success from the first game. Luck of the draw dashed our plans this time. Some players remarked that the game seemed like all luck. I disagreed - sure there's luck in the game, but knowing the cards that are in the deck lets you manage the probability - and knowing the other players gives you a shot at predicting what they will do. That's what makes this game so fascinating to me.

Still loving this game! Thanks for reading my session report.

BC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.