Colosseum» Forums » General

Subject: TMG - Marketing plan? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
You are right, Amanda G. There are copies of the DoW edition out there. I just bought one this week. For $70. Which I thought was reasonable for a copy in such great condition. Is just so hard to find gamers who know the game, since it has been so long since the original printing. In my large board gaming group (we routinely get 30-40 different gamers every Thursday night), only 1 person even had Colosseum. Now I'm the second. Had to in order to play it since his schedule changed and he can't game with us. But I do look forward to new players learning this great game when the TMG edition comes out. I say, the more the merrier. With more who either own or know the game, comes more who can play it. (Is almost too funny about the "complaints" about the projected "look" of the TMG edition. When the original DoW edition came out, some carped about the box. Claiming the Chinese production version was too glossy when compared to the more matted German production version. Guess some have to complain about something? Anything?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coldwinter
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

No matter what game you release(art/components) and no matter the price there would be unhappy people.

I'm happy to see you talk here and that the Colosseum ks is happening in around 2 weeks.

Still no info through...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drakecoldwinter wrote:
Michael,

No matter what game you release(art/components) and no matter the price there would be unhappy people.

I'm happy to see you talk here and that the Colosseum ks is happening in around 2 weeks.

Still no info through...

2 weeks is less accurate than about 2 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coldwinter
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Ignacio Assaf told us he was told by tmg it would be in early february, in the absence of info I believed him.

In any case, currently the plan is to do the Ks in early/mid April (date still undefined it seems).

What's your marketing plan?
How can we help produce some hype for the Ks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Assaf
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am a little sad about the delay myself, but we have waited this long so if they need more time to get it right, than so be it.

Obviously, things have changed from when I emailed TMG a few weeks ago, but I imagine that is the nature of the business.

I am encouraged though that it seems like it is getting closer to an actual start. The love of the game is clear and the explanation about the new art (which did not bother me) makes sense as well.

More time to save pennies for opening day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
March 22nd is the date per Facebook post today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.