Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about how to interpret the color bands along the top and bottom of cards. Is there a general rule to distinguish the various configurations?

For example, I'm looking at three cards:

Cossacks (Russia bar on top, British bar on bottom)
Slave Market (no bar on top, British bar on bottom)
Karakul Sheep (Afghan bar on top, no bar on bottom)

Is the bar on top always patriot designation and the bar on bottom always loyalty prize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The bar on the top is the Patriot's loyalty. The band on the bottom is essentially the loyalty opposing that Patriot - that's how I think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Yes. The bar on the top is the Patriot's loyalty. The band on the bottom is essentially the loyalty opposing that Patriot - that's how I think about it.

Thanks. My uncertainty came from seeing cards that are non-human that can switch loyalty. I wasn't expecting to see sheep and mines as patriots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
wavedog98 wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Thanks. My uncertainty came from seeing cards that are non-human that can switch loyalty. I wasn't expecting to see sheep and mines as patriots.

Think of non-humans less as "loyalty," and more about their inherent value as products / services / etc… It being "loyal" to one faction, means that the opposing forces would like to have a vested interest in that service, as well.

The Mines, for instance - I believe I read a note either in the rulebook, or somewhere here on the 'Geek - While located hundreds of miles outside of Kabul, are given Kabul as a location, since it would wind up being the hub, giving it a sort of jurisdiction over the goods being hocked in markets.

If the mines are specific to, say the British, if the Russians can get a spy in the camp, that is information that they gain and can possibly use to their advantage. (I don't have the card in front of me - just an example).

I may not be 100% correct about this, but that is how I interpreted the cards - the non-humans represent the manipulation of these key services.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just add this to Brett's insight:

A player's tableau is a little like a cabinet. That is, the individual cards represent specific personalities that offer them command/control/influence over particular systems. For many of the economic cards, the personality would be less recognizable by name than by product, so we used the product instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.