A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a second copy of Fury of The Bear based on the KS scenarios which were released. Just wondering if anyone was picking up a second core set or Normandy?

The most compelling reason I can think of is spare parts, which is not all that compelling. Then I thought about scenario creation. It seems like you could make a sandbox game out of this. Perhaps even using ASL scenarios and converting them to TofI. In that case, maybe more board and units would be worth it.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
I picked up a second copy of Fury of The Bear based on the KS scenarios which were released. Just wondering if anyone was picking up a second core set or Normandy?

The most compelling reason I can think of is spare parts, which is not all that compelling. Then I thought about scenario creation. It seems like you could make a sandbox game out of this. Perhaps even using ASL scenarios and converting them to TofI. In that case, maybe more board and units would be worth it.

Thoughts?

I bought a second copy of NW and Normandy if for nothing more than the price. Now I'm going to get another FotB for the same reason you cite. Your ASL idea gave me an idea too. Im thinking M44 scenarios could be easily converted to ToI. Even the M44 boards and tiles would work well. The hex size difference is insignificant I would think.
Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some third party scenarios require two sets of boards, so having two core sets covers this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a second copy of Fury but was very tempted to get a second copy of the base game just to have more dice. Love those little dice, easy to throw a handful at a time and wish they sold those separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moezilla wrote:
I got a second copy of Fury but was very tempted to get a second copy of the base game just to have more dice. Love those little dice, easy to throw a handful at a time and wish they sold those separately.

They are sold separately. I bought two packs of Fantasy Flight "Wargame Dice" at the local FLGS. There are 6 black and 4 red per pack at $3.99 (- 30% I got on Small Business Saturday.) I just checked the FFG website and they have them in stock at $3.99. Go to fantasyflightgames.com, Click Store. Click Supplies. Search Wargaming Dice and there they are.
~ Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I will check with my FLGS and see if they have them, if not I will order a pack or two, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I have all the games apart from DoTF and I also have the map-pack, which is identical map-wise to my core set. My point is, I play solo and in a spirit of 'lets see what happens' I just assemble my own scenarios using components from all over.

I think you should get two of everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 of everything for the simple reason parts get lost.

I am not optimistic that this series will continue, so having spares is very important to me. I don't every have to worry about losing parts or not having enough for any or all scenarios out there. There are quite a few fan made ones which require parts from various expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.