Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Foss
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went online to find a PDF copy of my 'The Staufer Dynasty' rules and it's like it never existed on the Z-Man website! There is no longer a complete catalog of titles they currently or used to publish and none of the games that do show have any links to support or forum or any of the other features that used to exist. This means no PDF rules for things like 'Camel Up' or 'El Grande: Big Box' that are still on the site!

Does anybody have any idea why this is? Any experience or insight?

I gotta say, if this is a change to stay, I hate hate HATE it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried the Rules link on the BGG page Weblinks section as well. It is a dead link.

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SharkBait wrote:
Just went online to find a PDF copy of my 'The Staufer Dynasty' rules and it's like it never existed on the Z-Man website!

If you're still looking for these rules specifically, I have a copy in my rules repo. See my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McKinney
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SharkBait wrote:
Does anybody have any idea why this is? Any experience or insight?

I gotta say, if this is a change to stay, I hate hate HATE it!

I've no idea what they were going for, but what they delivered is honestly garbage. No design went into this. They were obviously going for something clean and modern, but they forgot about making it functional. It's faux responsive; the banner images don't link to anything; they still haven't figured out how to separate French and English; almost no games have any information beyond the marketing blurb; there's a very, very weak visual hierarchy — it's just garbage.

I miss Z-Man's website from before they were bought out. It may have looked straight out of the year 2000, but it was easy to use and informative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
English PDFs for Z-Man Games will be back online shortly.

In the meantime you can download most rules from http://web.archive.org/web/*/zmangames.com/rulebooks/* (Note: BGG crops the last *, you have to manually add it to the link)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:
In the meantime you can download most rules from http://web.archive.org/web/*/zmangames.com/rulebooks/* (Note: BGG crops the last *, you have to manually add it to the link)
You, sire, are a true Deutscher hero. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.