Subject: Missing tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
So I punched and bagged everything as best I could (I'm sure I've still got tokens with wrong factions, or in a "catch all" bag when they should be with a faction).

However; I sat down to try a custom scenario and can't find the yellow objective tokens anywhere. I don't think I misplaced them, so I'm guessing that I may be missing a punch sheet.

Just wondering if anyone can verify that they -are- supposed to included, and what other tokens would have been on that sheet so I can verify that I didn't just misplace them. Also, is there any critical info I need to know about the tokens so I can proxy them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no yellow objective tokens included, so you didn't misplace them. But indeed there are quite some reference to these tokens in scenarios and in custom games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adams
United States
Medina
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here wondering the same thing. It looks like the secondary tokens are just used to mark spaces that can be captured for a secondary objective, so I would think that you could substitute anything that is not being used for them.

As for any other tokens missing, I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dafydd Gwynedd
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if I was missing a Mauser and Cursed Statue token as well as they are mentioned in the rulebook, page14?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DPGs has elected to reference items and abilities in the core rule book that might not show up in the core rule book. Many of these show up in the single punch boards available as expansions.

I would suggest you go down load the Token Bible. It has been very helpful for me to figure out what tokens I should have or where to find particular tokens or units. It covers both HoN and SoN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twrchtrwyth wrote:
I was wondering if I was missing a Mauser and Cursed Statue token as well as they are mentioned in the rulebook, page14?

The Cursed Statue is in the Mythos Call Blister. The Mauser I don't remember off the top of my head though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
dafrca wrote:
twrchtrwyth wrote:

The Cursed Statue is in the Mythos Call Blister. The Mauser I don't remember off the top of my head though.

I asked (among other things) the same question here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1458696/questions-about-com...

The presence of the Mauser was not further clarified in that thread, although it was said they ran out of room on the punch boards so some stuff did not get printed which will now be in future expansions. I guess we will see the Mauser and how it is used later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not seen that reply from KOSZO A. They are with DPGs so they know what happened. The idea that they were going to include more but ran out of room on the punch board I believable. So I suspect the Mauser will show up sometime in a punch board. I know they have had a couple Lugers show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
dafrca wrote:
DPGs has elected to reference items and abilities in the core rule book that might not show up in the core rule book. Many of these show up in the single punch boards available as expansions.

Not the yellow markers though. They are used in one of the official core scenarios, yet they're not in the core box. Confusing as hell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
dafrca wrote:

Not the yellow markers though. They are used in one of the official core scenarios, yet they're not in the core box. Confusing as hell...

Yes, I agree. They should not assume we own both HoN and SoN if they are selling SoN as a stand alone game. HoN has the yellow secondary objective tokens.

The scenario in the rule book should only use what is in the box. Sadly the use of the yellow objectives was not caught.

I am lucky in that I own both games and thus can use stuff back and forth. (Love seeing those pesky Deep Ones having to deal with Flame Throwers )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.