Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tompkins
Canada
Pointe-Claire
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting to play this game and enjoying it thoroughly but have a quick question which I am sure someone can answer.

We keep running into "jammed" machine guns symbols that are either "red" or "green".

Is there a difference between the two? So far, we have played them as no difference.

Thanks in advance.

T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh, it's been so long since I've played, but if I recall correctly, aces or pilots who, before missions, inspected their bullets for defects.
So when playing with the aces (or veteran pilots?) advanced/variant rule, those distinguished pilots ignore either the red or green drawn icons.
But I could be wrong

EDIT: Found it. Page 21: Ace Rules - Technical Abilities
Bullet Checker ignores green jammed icon, but jams on a red icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And short of scenario designations and pilots, you can use it when it seems like a good idea...to help a new player or make a weaker plane a little better.

By the way, the rules are good and not all that long. Give them a read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just played a game where rules were explained to all by a master. He said red jammed regards the target and greens regard the firer. (of course damage points are still for targets only...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, either it is a house rule (to simulate the fact that a weapon has been hit and damaged - but it is a bit strange that the damage can be cleared and anyway I can remember no record of a pilot whose machinegun has been destroyed by enemy fire) or the master was wrong. When a plane fires to another plane, only the firing plane can actually "jam" a weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow
Oh boy!!!
Indeed it should have sounded strange....
Anyway Great game at De Bello Ludico in Bracciano last weekend!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tompkins
Canada
Pointe-Claire
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

By the way, the rules are good and not all that long. Give them a read!

I don't have the rules. I just have friends with rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Dolanec
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Sentvid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red jammed machine gun symbol: both guns jammed

Green jammed machine gun symbol: one gun jammed

For example, if you fly a fighter with dual machine guns and a green jammed symbol damage card is drawn, only one of the guns jam - the opponent who's been fired upon draws a "B" damage card instead of an "A" for the next three phases.

If you draw a red jammed symbol, both guns are jammed and cannot fire as explained in the rules.

If you fly an airplane with a single gun, then the gun is jammed regardless of the colour of the symbol on the damage card.

A bit late this answer is, but I hope help someone will...

Jure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jure wrote:
Red jammed machine gun symbol: both guns jammed

Green jammed machine gun symbol: one gun jammed

For example, if you fly a fighter with dual machine guns and a green jammed symbol damage card is drawn, only one of the guns jam - the opponent who's been fired upon draws a "B" damage card instead of an "A" for the next three phases.

If you draw a red jammed symbol, both guns are jammed and cannot fire as explained in the rules.

If you fly an airplane with a single gun, then the gun is jammed regardless of the colour of the symbol on the damage card.

A bit late this answer is, but I hope help someone will...

Jure

I take it this is your house rule, since authoritative answers to the contrary were given previously? It could be a fun way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.