Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which color disease ended up being your CoDA?
Yellow
Red
Blue
Black
      869 answers
Poll created by Tricksie

We're just kind of curious as to which color you had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird to see such a non-equal distribution, but I guess it makes sense that blue has so little, it being the starting location of the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Current sample size is only 64 which is not nearly enough to have a random distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread with a similar poll with somewhat similar results where blue is the least common, black is the most common.

The reason is most likely because all groups start January in Atlanta, making blue the easiest disease to get to and treat early in the game, while black is the furthest away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I wonder which disease people would like to have had as C0Da, and/or which they'd work towards having as C0Da if they played the season again with foreknowledge of what happens.

One possibility is that it's preferable to have a "self-contained" area with few connections to the outside world. Another is that it's preferable to have an area with low internal connectivity, to limit the impact of outbreaks. (But I don't think spoilers beyond January would be appropriate in this thread?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
I wonder which disease people would like to have had as C0Da, and/or which they'd work towards having as C0Da if they played the season again with foreknowledge of what happens.

I have two copies of this, and am playing one game which is staying ahead of the other; and in the second game I am letting the other players make the key decisions regarding upgrades and strategy. It's been a lot of fun.

My one big issue was both games had C0Da come out on Black. I really wanted it to be somewhere else for the second game, anywhere else, but pulling a black card from the bottom of the deck on that second epidemic card was enough to put it in the lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, except for me both times C0da was Yellow. The second group had actually set it up to cure Yellow on the next player's turn, then drew the second Epidemic to have it become uncurable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Learning and explaining games
badge
Yeah, it's my car. Got a better suggestion?
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaroq81 wrote:
Same here, except for me both times C0da was Yellow. The second group had actually set it up to cure Yellow on the next player's turn, then drew the second Epidemic to have it become uncurable.

Ouch, that hurts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McDonald
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
_ . _ . _ _ . _
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaroq81 wrote:

Same thing with us, but with blue. We had already cured and eradicated yellow and were about to cure blue in the second round (4 player game). Just before the player with their blue cards in hand was about to play, we pull our second epidemic card. Wham! Sorry guys, too many blue cubes, blue can't be cured now.

Our faces -> sobluecryyukgulp

The game went into a near free fall from there. We ended up running out of black cubes a couple of turns before curing the final remaining disease.

January part two started out very poorly. Most of the initial setup cards drawn were from COdA blue cities. First epidemic card drawn, infects San Francisco. After reshuffle, the top 6 out of 7 cards were blue (with one red). Now another epidemic card, put those 7 cards all back on top. Seems like all we are doing is spending actions (two apiece!) to keep the blue disease under control. It helped that red ended up being an easy eradication.

Fortunately, we pulled out a win, but with sacrifices to a few cities now rioting. After January 1 & 2, we have two cites rioting level 2 and two rioting level 3. A small handful of others that are unstable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eder
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game I played, it was clearly yellow.

Second game, Im playing with three newbies and am letting them handle the key decisions. We had 6 cubes each of black, red, and yellow. Based on the card distribution in hand, they thought yellow would be most difficult to cure, so they chose it. Im kind of sad it wasnt a different color, but thats not a huge deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hochuli
msg tools
Amaroq81 wrote:

Exactely the same here, next players turn would have cured yellow. Instead, we lost January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Xx
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We had the same, but the good way instead. We already were set up to cure res in the next turn; Cards ready, medic set for action and a lot of red cubes. Fortunately we drew a yellow epidemic card, putting it just one cube in front of red. We were so sad because we were nowhere near curing yellow. Until we read about Coda ofcourse :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got Blue because while we were going to cure it on the next turn, the Epidemic put it ahead of Red. Luckily we managed to keep it pretty well in check and managed to eradicate two of the other diseases before the end of the game for their bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ours was blue by accidental design. With normal Pandemic, we almost always leave blue cubes alone at the beginning and focus on red and black, so that was just our natural tendency when we got the CoDa reveal (red was close in number of cubes on the board though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.