Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After several solitaire games using the base rulebook solitaire variant I've added to it depending on how challenging I feel like making it.

The only downside to solitaire play is the daughter auction. I've developed a method, posted here, that works well and adds some challenge but no tension. I didn't like just giving the daughter card to whomever I wanted, felt too easy. I'm playing around with die rolls instead, but haven't come up with anything that matches my first method.

Solitaire variants:
1. All 3 species alive with 1 domesticated animal apiece
2. 2 species alive each with 1 domesticated animal, 1 species with an invention
3. 3 species alive each with a domesticate and an invention
4. Max VP added between all species, trophy taking allowed, all species must survive game (requires a few plays to flesh out the personal challenge)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 4.

Not sure what you mean about trophy taking allowed. I originally misread the rulebook that trophy taking was not allowed in solitaire mode but on second glance it actually states that 'trophy taking is not optional' i.e. you must take trophies if the dice roll that way. In other words, over hunting can become a problem and options become limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule book solitaire variant there are no VP's just survival plus domestication to win so taking a trophy into your tableau is a moot point. I conferred with the designer who confirmed this but added that if you roll triples or quadroubles on a trophy biome it's removed from the row, discarded out of the game and not replaced. Which I've done purposely to rid myself of predators.

My #4 variant is if you want to try for max VP rather than domestication, trophy taking is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.