Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechwarrior: Storyline battle or what the heck happened????
Well I showed up a Hobbytown to play Mechwarrior with my son. He's still a bit young but is very excited about getting to play.
Stan is the only other player this week to make it so it will be quick.
I was playing the Buzzkill Battlemaster with Fulcrum Hovertanks in support as they were unaffected by the tide conditions.
I played my son first. He was playing a pair of Hellstars and support.
I advance up the center and he runs foreward. He is now inside my assault range so I give it a shot and critically miss. Not a good start. He returns the favor and critically hits me. I'm now down 7 clicks. His other mech also fires and thanks to my degraded defense hits me as well. Things are not looking good. I move up my tanks and because it's probably going to die anyway, take a shot with my Battlemaster. Crit miss again and salvage myself. My son take great joy in killing off my remaining tanks over the next couple of turns.
My son then plays Stan who has a Vulture, nightstalker and Xanthos and pummles my son severly.
I then get to play Stan. We both start off on the right flank and the tide coming in behind him. I advance into water so that the mech can keep up with the tanks. Stan advances behind blocking. I clear and Stan uses streak missles on me. he Critically hits for 5. Unable to respond to his indirect fire I run my entire force at him to get around the blocking terrain. He uses the Nightstalkers ability to fire through the blocking and allow the rest of his mechs to do the same. This kills a Fulcurm and leaves the battlemaster near salvage. I push the tanks into range and assault with the Battlemaster which misses and then shuts down. It all over but the crying now.
I can't say I played badly but coulden't overcome the dice.
Hope next week is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.